Contribute
Register

Post Your MultiBeast 5 Screenshots

What would I needto change with the following spec ? very alike except for the wifi card and the GTX 680. This is my first build looking forward to doing it but I'm wooried about multibeast any help would be great.

Thanks

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

Mother Board: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Ram: 16gb Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3 (Vengeance Black)

Hard Drive: SSD; 120gb Corsair Force Series 3 SATA 6 GB/s

Heat Sink (CPU Cooler): Corsair hydro H40

Power Supply: CORSAIR Professional Series™ Gold AX850 — 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully-Modular Power Supply

Wi-Fi Card: TP-Link PCI Express (TL-WDN4800)

GPU: GeForce GTX 680

Running OS X Mountain Lion on my Hackintosh isn't that hard.

Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L rev 1.0
4 GB A-DATA 800 MHz DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512
Intel Dual Core E5300 2,6 GHz

I also had to remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext and ApplePolicyControl.kext because those were causing kernel panics.

I have an HPE-450t that came with a MSI motherboard ( MS-7613 / Iona-GL8E) 2.93ghz i7 processor, 8gb of RAM and a GeForce 640 graphics card and on-board ACL 888s sound. The graphics worked out of box (dual monitors, one 30" DL DVI and one connected with HDMI. For the computer to boot after my Mountain Lion/Easybeast install I did have to turn off Graphics Enabler like the guide said. For my SPDIF sound to work I deleted that AppleHDA kext and installed VooDooHDA-v2.7.4.r63 and sound works like a champ! I even have my old Miglia TVMax out so I can watch TV through my DirecTV box.

Everything works perfectly like like a Mac does. It's fast and was super easy. I'm really proud! lol.

Using UEFI BIOS with a SSD and NVidia 640M. Just the drivers for Audio, Network and disk with some customizations for over clocking my i5 2500K. No need for any power management kexts as sleep works native as does rebooting and shutdown. All on a GA-Z68AP-D3 v2.0 board. Loving the Hackintosh life!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 11.37.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 11.37.43 PM.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 684
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 11.37.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 11.37.55 PM.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 458
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 11.38.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 11.38.00 PM.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 1,044
am running into an issue. i have gotten all the way through the steps listed on the multibeast install page. I used the multibeast config shown here. It shows installation successful and when I reboot my comp it will begin to boot from the correct ssd... but just goes to a white screen. Perhaps i need to select more drivers or do some of the customization options?

My build is all from the customac thread
mb - Gigabyte z77x-up5 th
Proc - intel i7 3770k
Gcard - Invidia geforce gtx 670 ftw
HD - Sandisk extreem 120gb ssd
and tp-link 450mbps dual band wireless n pci-e adapter

Any advice/help you be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
If someone could post an example of what my multibeast config should look like that would be awesome!

Update: I did the entire process over again and this time added the graphics card selection in multibeast. Restarted computer and still getting white screen after trying to boot from the ssd.

Running Gigabyte ga-x58a-ud5 FC, using PNY Geforce 570, Running 10.8.2. Used DSDT from TonyMac. Works perfectly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 9.43.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-21 at 9.43.47 PM.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 406
Hmmm...very close to my Hackintosh. Did you unplug the video card, go to the UEFI and select only internal graphics? Plug your monitor into the onboard DVI out. I had to do that to get the system working. THen after I was able to start from the Hackintosh, I inserted the video card, went into UEFI and selected PEG and disabled internal. I'm running an Apple Cinema Display 30 and a Viewsonic with no issues. The latest version of Multibeast is perfect. Had a devil of a time until I figured that out.

Success!

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Intel Core i5-3570K
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB 1024MB GDDR5
Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) DDR3 1600 MHz

video card seems to be working; haven't tested HDMI, OpenCL,
front and back audio, networking work

MB Options:
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
Audio / Realtek ALC8xx / ALC887/888b
Disk / Trim Enabler
Graphics / NVIDIA GTX / 10.8.0 OpenCL Enabler
Networking / maoljs AtherosL1cEthernet

lemme know if I'm missing anything:

thanks everyone :)

Why did you use verbose booth?

I've encountered some problems that seem to be occuring more often for the Z77-DS3H.
Check out: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Multibeast Audio and Ethernet and Video Help?

I had Mountain Lion Installed, did Multibeast like this:
user dtsdt or dsdt free installation
realtek 887 without dsdt
Nvidia Fermi Open CL patch 10.8.x (for my GTX 570)
First I used the option Linux2Mac's RealtekRTL81x. Didn't work.
Ran Multibeast again and installed maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet.

Ethernet was then recognized and pickid up an ip-address, but I still couldn't surf the internet.
I have rev 1.0

Before I put the GPU in, I booted to BIOS and changed the First Init Display to PCIe and save&exit.
Seemed to be working fine, although when starting up the game Limbo, I wasn't
even able to scroll through the menu. Could be the the game of course.

Sound wasn't working ether. Although it was showing all the sound devices in system preferences.
In system report/audio there was an extra "Intel High Defenition Audio", which I believe is bad.
I read a thread by Toleda and he said the IOReg was corrupt. I've been trying to read some stuff about
this, but I just don't understand anything about it. What the hell is IOReg anyways?
I even started creating a developers account with my AppleID, but didn't finish registration because it all
looked so official.
Than I changed some stuff in S/L/E and replaced the AppleHDA with a downloaded version from osx86.
After that my audio devices disappeared completely.
Ran Multibeast again for a couple of times. Didn't work out.

I was fed up with it and just reïnstalled Mountain Lion completely with Unibeast. Haven't done Multibeast yet.

Some advice would be AWSOME!!!
Check my specs for more system info.

UPDATE:
Run Multibeast after reïnstalling Mountain Lion with the following options:
user dtsdt or dsdt free installation
realtek 887 without dsdt
Nvidia Fermi Open CL patch 10.8.x (for my GTX 570)
maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet (did this option again afterwards because I was unsure wether I really did it or not).
Did the same thing with bios, first init display and GPU.

Sound is now working! Front and back.
In system report/audio there still an extra "Intel High Defenition Audio" though.

My main problem is the internet now.

Hardware:
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 v.1.0 UEFI U1b
i5-2500K non-overclocked
2x4GB DDR3 1333 Hynix RAM
OCZ-VERTEX3 60GB Mac Boot Drive
OCZ-VERTEX2 60GB Windows Boot Drive
1.5TB SAMSUNG HD154UI HDDs
Radeon HD 6770 Gigabyte GV-R667D3-1GI
Bluetooth MSI BToes ver.254
ASUS VH242H monitor connected to DVI port of graphic card
Microsoft Wireless Media Desktop 1000 mouse and keyboard

Installed 10.8 followed this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html but graphics card was not removed. Everything was plugged. Monitor was plugged into motherboard’ DVI port.

Updated system via 10.8.2 combo update. Reboot after updating into safe mode (-x).

Following this advice http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/72956-10-8-2-problem.html#post452776 AppleACPIPlatform.kext was changed.

Repair Permissions

Reboot

Pass #1 - MultiBeast 5.0.2 - screenshot #1

Reboot

Pass #2 - MultiBeast 5.1.3 - screenshot #1
Reboot

According to this advice http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-radeon-6670-dual-monitors-mountain-lion.html next rows was added to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>qwerty</string>

Reboot. BIOS - disable onboard video.Save settings.
Reboot. Power down.
Plug DVI cable to graphic card’s port.
Power on.

The happy end.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 319
  • Screenshot 2012-11-04 20.02.32.png
    Screenshot 2012-11-04 20.02.32.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 363
Back