Contribute
Register

Please help me install Sierra onto my X99 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
@and1049: could you provide a zip archive of your EFI folder ? It could provide the missing pieces I need to boot my mobo :)
Sure! This is how I got mine working. See attached EFI

Still don't know how to set up CPU power management----anyone???

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 134
Yes, does not change anything. Since it seems that I have the same configuration than @gajaciosif I was thinking about some BIOS settings, but no luck so far. I will try to play with the kexts

did you manage,d with your hackintosh build?

I recently became interested again in wanting to install hackintosh onto my PC. I tried for hours to install El Capitan previously, but with no success. This time I want to install Sierra, but if El Capitan is only supported than that will work just fine. If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

SPECS:
CPU: i7 5820K
MB: X99-A 3.1
GPU: EVGA 980 Ti
Ram: 32GB DDR4

Hi Andydv, did you get Sierra installed? I have the same setup as you but haven't been able to get it installed. Im stuck on what changes need to be made in the Bios of the Asus X99-A board. Any help on what to do. Im using the new Clover boot loader method. Did you use Unibeast?

I just got somewhat through the install process and it stop at the section in the pic below and Im curious if anyone can tell me what might be wrong and why its restarting to the clover boot up screen. I have not been able to install Sierra yet.

EDIT* 1/26/17
Installed Sierra but now it won't load up so I will try a couple more things.

Just found another post that was very helpful.
These are the boot args that worked for me.

dart=0 nv_disable=1 npci=x2000 -v

Im now in the installation of Sierra and will see how it goes

Attachments

• IMG_3118.JPG
    IMG_3118.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back