Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Hardware

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU: Intel Core i3-3225
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660
SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series (Running Mavericks 10.9.3)
HD: 1TB Western Digital Blue 7200RPM (Used for storage of videos, music, pictures, documents, games)
PSU: Corsair TX Series 650W
Optical Drive: ASUS SATA 24X DVD Burner
RAM: Corsair Value Select 8GB (1x8GB) 240-pin DDR3 1600Mhz
Bluetooth: IO Gear USB 4.0 Micro Adapter

I am using a copy of Mavericks installed from the App Store, and the latest version of UniBeast 3.0.1 for the installation.

Once I finally reach the Desktop I update everything in the App Store, including the operating system to the latest version. Everything appears and works out of the box, except for the audio.

I open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere

I then install the latest version of MultiBeast 6.3.1.

My MultiBeast Selection

Quick Start

• DSDT Free

Drivers
  • Audio - Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b Current v100302
  • Disk - TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch
  • Network - Atheros > ALXEthernet v1.0.2

Bootloaders
  • Chimera v2.2.1

I install everything, restart my computer, and Ethernet does not work.

Also, when Ethernet worked iMessage was getting an Activation Error, which can be seen in my YouTube video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euUN7DTAIM. Please watch, and give me your feedback, also SUBSCRIBE to my Channel! :)

I'm also trying the setup from user "scottphillips" on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...77-ds3h-successfully-installed-mavericks.html as I type this.
His method allowed my computer to boot, but once booted the screen went black.

My Hardware

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU: Intel Core i3-3225
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660
SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series (Running Mavericks 10.9.3)
HD: 1TB Western Digital Blue 7200RPM (Used for storage of videos, music, pictures, documents, games)
PSU: Corsair TX Series 650W
Optical Drive: ASUS SATA 24X DVD Burner
RAM: Corsair Value Select 8GB (1x8GB) 240-pin DDR3 1600Mhz
Bluetooth: IO Gear USB 4.0 Micro Adapter

I am using a copy of Mavericks installed from the App Store, and the latest version of UniBeast 3.0.1 for the installation.

Once I finally reach the Desktop I update everything in the App Store, including the operating system to the latest version. Everything appears and works out of the box, except for the audio.

I open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere

I then install the latest version of MultiBeast 6.3.1.

My MultiBeast Selection

Quick Start

• DSDT Free

Drivers
  • Audio - Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b Current v100302
  • Disk - TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch
  • Network - Atheros > ALXEthernet v1.0.2

Bootloaders
  • Chimera v2.2.1

I install everything, restart my computer, and Ethernet does not work.

Also, when Ethernet worked iMessage was getting an Activation Error, which can be seen in my YouTube video on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_euUN7DTAIM. Please watch, and give me your feedback, also SUBSCRIBE to my Channel! :)

I'm also trying the setup from user "scottphillips" on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...77-ds3h-successfully-installed-mavericks.html as I type this.
His method allowed my computer to boot, but once booted the screen went black.

There is a build here for that board with Mavericks, with all of the Multibeast options needed. Not sure if you saw that one, but worth a read ?

Also, you should really consider using 2 (matching) sticks of ram instead of one. A single ram chip means you are running in single channel mode instead of dual channel mode. That will certainly have a performance impact.

Latest Chimera is 3.0.1 and not 2.2.1, typo maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back