Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that looks interesting (and expensive)!

The prices of all graphics cards are insane right now. Hopefully, crypto currency values will collapse and prices can return to normal.

Yes. I'm also interested in the WX Pro 4100. Single slot, low profile. 50W TDP.
Now, that would be a good card to upgrade my 2008 Mac Pro. (I can't get rid of it because I like using it, and I've upgraded the processors, memory and a HD 7950.)

The prices of all graphics cards are insane right now. Hopefully, crypto currency values will collapse and prices can return to normal.
The prices are ridiculous right now. I lucked out in the Fall of 2017 picking up natively support Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card off of eBay for ~$250. You pay $400+ for the card new today. Not worth it...yet.

So no problems with 10.13.3, webdrivers and lag with this MB?

None. If you've read the Nvidia web drivers thread, "the lag" is primarily affecting only Skylake and newer systems.

Thanks for that. I did look over there but was still a bit unsure.

Edit: updated now and all is fine.

Last edited:
Rename EHC1 to EH01 and rename EHC2 to EH02.

What is the purpose of renaming these? I haven't done this step and my USB are working. Is it to get USB 3 speeds?

Thanks but I'm still not sure I understand. My USB ports were functional without renaming.

I have to use the AppleIntelCPUPM (previously called AsusAICPUPM) patch to boot, but don't see that in the instructions on page 1. Are you guys able to boot without using that flag?

According to the link, the renames are there in the event that the USB is not using Apple's USB drivers. If you have no problems, I guess you don't need the rename. I had the renames there since I first installed macOS on my 8300 and I don't know if mine has any issues without the renames.

Yes, I have AppleIntelCPUPM=Yes. I believe that's set automatically when you use MultiBeast. I've never had to manually enable it. If you followed the instructions and used MultiBeast, it should be enabled by decault as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back