Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bit of free time and decided to try installing macOS High Sierra Beta...

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 1.27.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 1.37.03 PM.png

I didn't do much testing after installing because no Nvidia web drivers are available for this version yet. I just checked if my existing Clover installation, config.plist, and kexts were all working. Yes, they all seem to be working great. I didn't have to make any changes at all. Just updated to the latest version of Clover. These systems really are amazingly compatible.

For those who wish to try, follow directions here to get access to the beta:
macOS High Sierra Public Beta is Now Available | tonymacx86.com

Follow directions here to create the USB installer:
How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB | tonymacx86.com

I had a bit of free time and decided to try installing macOS High Sierra Beta...

View attachment 264748 View attachment 264749

I didn't do much testing after installing because no Nvidia web drivers are available for this version yet. I just checked if my existing Clover installation, config.plist, and kexts were all working. Yes, they all seem to be working great. I didn't have to make any changes at all. Just updated to the latest version of Clover. These systems really are amazingly compatible.

For those who wish to try, follow directions here to get access to the beta:
macOS High Sierra Public Beta is Now Available | tonymacx86.com

Follow directions here to create the USB installer:
How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB | tonymacx86.com

Any issues with the new file system APFS?

I did not install on APFS. I tested on a separate partition on my boot drive and was afraid it would mess up my main partition.

You could try removing and then reinstalling the 2.9.0 kext to /L/E with Kextbeast. Reboot only once and audio should work. Just don't reboot again till your new adapter arrives. That's how it worked for me initially. On the second reboot after install only HDMI worked. If you won't use HDMI at all you won't need VoodooHDA after you get the adapter.
Thanks, I tried it, but it didn't work for me. HDMI audio is not really an option for me, since my monitor is stupid. I'll just wait for the adapter.

Thanks, I tried it, but it didn't work for me. HDMI audio is not really an option for me, since my monitor is stupid. I'll just wait for the adapter.

When your adapter arrives and you plug it in for the first time, can you check your System Preferences->Sound->Output and see if it appears immediately or whether it takes 20-30+seconds before it appears as a sound output device?

When your adapter arrives and you plug it in for the first time, can you check your System Preferences->Sound->Output and see if it appears immediately or whether it takes 20-30+seconds before it appears as a sound output device?
It took around 20 seconds for it to show up. I was just about to reboot, when it did.

It took around 20 seconds for it to show up. I was just about to reboot, when it did.
Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like the same issue I'm having. It's not a deal breaker by any means but I'll need to run some long term audio tests (i.e. play music through it for many hours) to ensure that it doesn't cause any lingering side effects.

Hi Guys, So I bought a HP 8300 with the i7, I also bought a GTX 1050 Ti but have been running into problems.
I used this (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-6300-pro-mini-tower-with-intel-i3.184279/) following guide for instructions but still no luck.
I'm currently trying to install 10.12.5 using Unibeast (7.1.1).
when I try booting off the usb drive the apple logo shows up then it just restarts and goes back to the boot menu.
any ideas what it could be?

Last edited:
Hi Guys, So I bought a HP 8300 with the i7, I also bought a GTX 1050 Ti but have been running into problems.
I used this (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hp-6300-pro-mini-tower-with-intel-i3.184279/) following guide for instructions but still no luck.
I'm currently trying to install 10.12.5 using Unibeast (7.1.1).
when I try booting off the usb drive the apple logo shows up then it just restarts and goes back to the boot menu.
any ideas what it could be?

Some things you can try:
  • Double check that you have the BIOS settings set correctly, including disabling Virtualization Technology Directed I/O (VTd).
  • Recreate the USB installer. Make sure to create for UEFI.
  • Try booting with USB flash drive in different USB ports.
  • Try upgrading the BIOS to latest version.

Some things you can try:
  • Double check that you have the BIOS settings set correctly, including disabling Virtualization Technology Directed I/O (VTd).
  • Recreate the USB installer. Make sure to create for UEFI.
  • Try booting with USB flash drive in different USB ports.
  • Try upgrading the BIOS to latest version.
What EFI setting do I use on Clover Configurator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back