Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only need analog audio and not HDMI the Sabrent USB adapter works with no drivers, will not mess with anything else the way that Voodoo does. Best of all it's only $7.99 at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XM883BK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

i know i had this in my amazon cart but when i saw the cute little internal speaker i was hooked. researched a while and decided i had to get it working! hah

if this was anything other than a server i'd have just gotten this usb audio..

i know i had this in my amazon cart but when i saw the cute little internal speaker i was hooked. researched a while and decided i had to get it working! hah

if this was anything other than a server i'd have just gotten this usb audio..

Use the latest VoodooHDA from SourceForge…you really like to experiment, don't you :D

Use the latest VoodooHDA from SourceForge…you really like to experiment, don't you :D
+1 it's not a good idea to download kexts or software from all over the internet. You've got no idea how they've been altered and what effect that will have on your system. This is why we only support downloads of macOS Sierra only from the MAS. This is why Apple only wants Mac users to install apps from their store, it's too difficult to help and support those not using genuine, un-tampered with software.

Is anybody having issues with USB3 on this machine? I have issues with both large (2TB) external hard drives and smaller (64gb) SD cards for GoPro. Sometimes they work, but often random errors when trying to copy larger files. Both devices immediately work fine on my MacBook Air, using the same cables etc.

I have not had issues with USB 3.

Is anybody having issues with USB3 on this machine? I have issues with both large (2TB) external hard drives and smaller (64gb) SD cards for GoPro. Sometimes they work, but often random errors when trying to copy larger files. Both devices immediately work fine on my MacBook Air, using the same cables etc.

Nor did I. Tested with 750GB HDD through USB3.0 cable.

Thanks. Not sure what it is, will keep experimenting...but very frustrating. Having to use another machine to transfer data from an external USB3 drive over ethernet is not very streamlined!

Yes I've been having issues with USB when creating SD card images. I kept getting an error when transferring a disk image to an SD card (Windows 10 iot tool). The SD card's read/write speed dropped like stone after the failure. I used the same sd card writer on another computer to format and transfer the image and it worked just fine.

Yes I've been having issues with USB when creating SD card images. I kept getting an error when transferring a disk image to an SD card (Windows 10 iot tool). The SD card's read/write speed dropped like stone after the failure. I used the same sd card writer on another computer to format and transfer the image and it worked just fine.
Please let us know if you find any kind of fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back