Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
COFFEE!! helps me. :D

Lol. I was def falling asleep when I was doing the updates. I couldn't even make it to my laptop before having to call it quits...

Hi, looking at video cards again, are their Radeon options available that work well OOB with Sierra on 8300?

I've been doing some editing with the HD4000 and in FCPX and it works "ok".

I have never tried using an AMD video card on a hackintosh. Even on real Macs, the last time I had an AMD video card was over a decade ago. I won't be any help in this area...

Your best bet would be to go to the Post Installation/Graphics sub-forum and ask which low profile AMD cards work well with Sierra or High Sierra. As a FCPX user, an AMD card will probably be a much better choice for you.

Thanks. I don't have the low profile limitation (CMT case) but I do have PSU limitation, so I need something that is powered without external power. Will see what is available.

My 8300 CMT's ethernet port seems to be on its way out. With a short cable speed falls back to 100Mbps. If i connect with a long cable (100 foot), the ethernet connection turns on/off constantly. Its the only computer to do so.

What's a good ethernet NIC to use if have to go that route?

I think that High Sierra eliminated support for some Ethernet controllers. I don't know what works anymore.

With prior versions of macOS, Yukon based Ethernet cards worked with Apple's built-in drivers.

I am having a difficult time updating my Elite 8300 (I7) , tried several times, this is as far as I get:

I am attaching my plist, any direction will be greatly appreciated

I typing on my freshly updated Elite 8300. I updated from Sierra 10.12.6 to High Sierra 10.13 (APFS) via App Store without any issues at all. Detailed update instructions can be found at:

Attachments

• Ed's config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 209
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back