Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 8300 CMT's ethernet port seems to be on its way out. With a short cable speed falls back to 100Mbps. If i connect with a long cable (100 foot), the ethernet connection turns on/off constantly. Its the only computer to do so.

What's a good ethernet NIC to use if have to go that route?

You could also get a replacement motherboard for just 30 USD on Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-8300-El...830141&hash=item33d8e2ebce:g:MW8AAOSwh7tZuFji

Even if you don't use it right away it's good to have a backup on hand in case of any other kind of failure.

I am having a difficult time updating my Elite 8300 (I7) , tried several times, this is as far as I get:

I am attaching my plist, any direction will be greatly appreciated

What problems are you having with the update? Did you update the Clover boot loader? Did you remember to install apfs.efi?

I looked at your config.plist. Made a few changes. I left "Inject Intel" unchecked. If you have the IGPU enabled, put a check on "Inject Intel".

Attachments

• Ed's config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 220
I did update clover and I have the apfs.efi in folder EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

I thought I had inserted the screen picture, but it doesn't show, uploaded it now as file.

I haven't gotten past this (halfway across the white line under the apple logo.)

Just tried it with the plist you edited, it stopped at the same place. Prior to this time I have left it on screen for over 2 hours but it never progresses past this point.

It doesn’t take long to get to this point, when it does, the spinning wheel starts goes around 3-5 times and then stops.
Only recourse at this point is power cycle.

( I am not using the integrated GPU)

What problems are you having with the update? Did you update the Clover boot loader? Did you remember to install apfs.efi?

I looked at your config.plist. Made a few changes. I left "Inject Intel" unchecked. If you have the IGPU enabled, put a check on "Inject Intel".

Attachments

• IMG_0026.jpg copy.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg copy.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Try using verbose mode so you can see where it gets stuck.

Clears the screen then keeps repeating every 10 seconds:

iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Attached is a screen grab of the screen to show what happened just before the repeating message above.
I used my iphone to video the process. Is there an easier way to see this? Does this get logged to a file that survives the power cycle?

(autocorrect keeps getting in the way, my apologies)

Try using verbose mode so you can see where it gets stuck.

Attachments

• IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    622.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I think it might GPU driver issue.

What kexts have you installed?

Does this answer the question?

Attachments

• pasted.png
    pasted.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 101
Are you using a Wifi/Bluetooth card? I suspect that the FakePCIID*.kexts are not needed.

Check that you have a recent version of FakeSMC.kext, just in case. RehabMan / OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek / Downloads — Bitbucket

I don't know why you are getting the error that you are getting. Things look pretty good.

I do have a wifi bluetooth card. it is one you recommended, the one with three antennae.

So should I delete the FakePCIID kexts or are they needed for the WiFi/BT?

I downloaded the current FakeSMC.kext and put it in 10.12, 10.13 and other.
It didn't change the issue.

The Wifi/Bluetooth card that I recommended works without the need for those kexts, so yes, you can delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back