Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had wondered whether the MSI LP 1050 Ti would fit in the 8300 SFF version. Looks like the plastic shroud will be awfully close to the copper heatpipes on the side of the heatsink. You don't want the smell of melting plastic coming from your HP ! That's one reason I used the HP 6300 Mini-Tower for my Sierra Desktop Guide. You can use a full height 1050 Ti, it will fit in the case with no problems, better airflow around it and you get an extra 80W of power from the PSU with the 6300/8300 MT versions. Many people will be gaming via Windows with these so those are some good features to have. :thumbup:

Overall how much easier was it to get the 8300 SFF working than your HP ProBook laptop ?

As I promised:
1. There is only stock dart=0 and nvda_drv=1 flags in Clover, nothing else.
2. Pictures:

I haven't tried that yet. I don't want to repair something, that is working well :D
That's a valid point, why mess with success. Glad to hear it's all working.

That's a valid point, why mess with success. Glad to hear it's all working.

The next quest will be upgrading the ProBook to Sierra. I've been using El Capitan for almost 2 years and never got iMessage work on the desktop. Not even on my Mac mini 2012 Server which means something was bad either on the server side or on the guest side. Until yesterday, when magically the 8300 logged in to Messages on 10.12.5. Though it still doesn't sync the previous messages from my phone...

cant figure out whats wrong, but i made an install usb with clover for 10.12.5 and on the 8300 it hangs. i was on 2.90 bios just updated to 2.99 and still hangs.

enabling uefi in bios on the video port seems ok now for displayport adapter to vga. i have dp to hdmi that ill try too.

but is there a uefi bios setting im missing? or is my clover bad? i just used this thumbdrive clover setup to update my other homebuilt hackintosh on a gigabyte motherboard, so i know it works...

weiiird. everyone seems to say it installs perfect with no problems.. but were still crashing at the apple with progress bar. clover boots and i hit install osx sierra from "install osx sierra" and then i get the apple screen on black, activity light is on the usb stick, and then it freezes and activity light on usb stops.

**update im trying again with a new unibeast install but instead of uefi im selecting legacy... :-/

Hello, I am thinking about same build, first question: where did you see this computer for such cheap price?
Do iTunes movies play trailers succesfully? Thank you

Hello, I am thinking about same build, first question: where did you see this computer for such cheap price?
Do iTunes movies play trailers succesfully? Thank you

Ebay, Amazon or local stores with old (refubrished) PC´s...

cant figure out whats wrong, but i made an install usb with clover for 10.12.5 and on the 8300 it hangs. i was on 2.90 bios just updated to 2.99 and still hangs.

enabling uefi in bios on the video port seems ok now for displayport adapter to vga. i have dp to hdmi that ill try too.

but is there a uefi bios setting im missing? or is my clover bad? i just used this thumbdrive clover setup to update my other homebuilt hackintosh on a gigabyte motherboard, so i know it works...

weiiird. everyone seems to say it installs perfect with no problems.. but were still crashing at the apple with progress bar. clover boots and i hit install osx sierra from "install osx sierra" and then i get the apple screen on black, activity light is on the usb stick, and then it freezes and activity light on usb stops.

**update im trying again with a new unibeast install but instead of uefi im selecting legacy... :-/

I have the latest 3.04 UEFI and worked immediately with the Unibeast pendrive, no hassle. Recheck the UEFI settings carefully again, it has to work.

I have the latest 3.04 UEFI and worked immediately with the Unibeast pendrive, no hassle. Recheck the UEFI settings carefully again, it has to work.

I'm using UniBeast 7.7.1, and choosing UEFI. Am I missing any BIOS settings? Something is definitely weird.. Could it be that I'm trying to do the DisplaPport HD4000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back