Contribute
Register

pastrychef's testing machine - HP Elite 8300 SFF - i7-3770 - GT 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant figure out whats wrong, but i made an install usb with clover for 10.12.5 and on the 8300 it hangs. i was on 2.90 bios just updated to 2.99 and still hangs.

enabling uefi in bios on the video port seems ok now for displayport adapter to vga. i have dp to hdmi that ill try too.

but is there a uefi bios setting im missing? or is my clover bad? i just used this thumbdrive clover setup to update my other homebuilt hackintosh on a gigabyte motherboard, so i know it works...

weiiird. everyone seems to say it installs perfect with no problems.. but were still crashing at the apple with progress bar. clover boots and i hit install osx sierra from "install osx sierra" and then i get the apple screen on black, activity light is on the usb stick, and then it freezes and activity light on usb stops.

**update im trying again with a new unibeast install but instead of uefi im selecting legacy... :-/

I don't know why it crashes for you. That never happened for me when I installed. The only thing I can think of is to make sure to disable parallel and/or serial ports if they are on your 8300.

I did not try installing in legacy mode.

Hello, I am thinking about same build, first question: where did you see this computer for such cheap price?
Do iTunes movies play trailers succesfully? Thank you

I got mine from eBay but Newegg seems to have these very often too.

I have not tried trailers in iTunes.

I'm using UniBeast 7.7.1, and choosing UEFI. Am I missing any BIOS settings? Something is definitely weird.. Could it be that I'm trying to do the DisplaPport HD4000?

You need to boot into the UEFI and set things up first, like disabling serial ports and so on. It has nothing to do with Unibeast.

I don't know why it crashes for you. That never happened for me when I installed. The only thing I can think of is to make sure to disable parallel and/or serial ports if they are on your 8300.

on bios 2.99, is there something i should be changing in bios under the advanced uefi/legacy settings?

i dont have a parallel port so i dont have the option to disable. serial port is for sure disabled.

vga works, but i switched the advanced bios setting to uefi and now displayport to vga works..

on bios 2.99, is there something i should be changing in bios under the advanced uefi/legacy settings?

i dont have a parallel port so i dont have the option to disable. serial port is for sure disabled.

vga works, but i switched the advanced bios setting to uefi and now displayport to vga works..

1. Bios Settings
Storage
SATA Emulation > AHCISecurity
System Security
Virtualization Technology Directed I/O (VTd) > DisabledAdvanced
Onboard Devices
Serial Port A > Disabled
Parallel Port > DisabledDevice Options
Turbo > Enabled
Integrated Video > Disabled
Multi-Processor > Enabled
Hyperthreading > Enabled

legacy worked even worse, im redoing the unibeast thumbdrive and will try uefi again.

im all set on these bios settings! i keep pecking around to see if theres anything else that could have changed and i dont think so.

im all set on these bios settings! i keep pecking around to see if theres anything else that could have changed and i dont think so.

You definitely need the UEFI version in Unibeast. Try to upgrade the UEFI first.

You would be getting better results with a DP to HDMI adapter cable if your monitor has HDMI input. You can buy them for under 7 dollars on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EY67S6O/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You could also boot verbose and take a picutre of where it hangs up to determine what is stopping the install from proceeding.

Last edited:
success everyone, thank you! i ended up re-doing the thumbdrive from the start, and so far so good. osx 10.12.5 is working great so far. before running multibeast, ethernet and on board video thru the display port were working great! with the multibeast settings in the op, usb 3 is screaming!

however
still cant get it to boot on its own, needs the thumbdrive each time but i remember reading something in the middle of the thread that other ppl had the same problem. if anyone has a quick solution, im all ears!

ill be working on getting audio now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back