Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you increase the amount of RAM to be used by the HD 530? If there is no acceleration, that means the drivers are not running.

Thanks again, would you mind telling me how I can increase the ram used by the HD 530? I tried looking in the BIOS and couldn't find an obvious option and it was difficult to search in google. I have 64 gigs of ram so that should definitely be enough.

EDIT: I found it! It's under Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration\Graphics Configuration and I changed the primary display to IGFX and the DVMT Pre-Allocated to 512 M. It didn't fix the graphical glitches but it did remove the black bar along the bottom of my 4k display. A step in the right direction, I'll move the rest of my studies over to the graphics forum, thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks again, would you mind telling me how I can increase the ram used by the HD 530? I tried looking in the BIOS and couldn't find an obvious option and it was difficult to search in google. I have 64 gigs of ram so that should definitely be enough.

EDIT: I found it! It's under Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration\Graphics Configuration and I changed the primary display to IGFX and the DVMT Pre-Allocated to 512 M. It didn't fix the graphical glitches but it did remove the black bar along the bottom of my 4k display. A step in the right direction, I'll move the rest of my studies over to the graphics forum, thanks!

I just rebooted to find the location and was about to post it... lol

Anyway, are you getting acceleration now? Here is a link to more info about the HD 530 graphics glitches in Sierra.
Skylake Intel HD 530 Graphics Glitch Fix | tonymacx86.com

For some reason it isn't waking up from sleep correctly. I have it set up like below.
Apple RTC enable
Kernel pm disable
Aicpupm disable.
Darkwake=no

I moved the mouse and it sounds like everything is running or awake. No mouse or keyboard input or screens came on though.

Once I turn off and computer and tried to turn it back on nothing loads. I would then have to clear the cmos to get everything to load.

wow! really?
ok, so i will figure out which of them is the cause!

updated:
apple rtc did the trick!
I don't enable kernelpm and aicpupm because, following clover wiki, they are not needed in our config.
thank you, as always, pastrychef!!!

edit:
no darkwake option needed, as pastry chef said in earlier posts

Once I turn off and computer and tried to turn it back on nothing loads. I would then have to clear the cmos to get everything to load.

That sounds very strange. I've never encountered anything like that on my build.

Hi pastrychef, just reporting back that I tryied to fix my sleep by removing my broadcom card and didn't work. I stumbled upon this thread, and following Yoga's suggestions I enabled Erp on BIOS and fixshutdown in clover configurator and now my sleep works perfect! Now I have a fully functional build. Only Issue is that I still haven't been able to get reads from my fans neither on HWmonitor nor Istats, but apparently its an issue with our mobo and needs s customs DSDT to make that work.
I really enjoy your thread , congratulations on such a good build, and thanks for your help.

Hi pastrychef, just reporting back that I tryied to fix my sleep by removing my broadcom card and didn't work. I stumbled upon this thread, and following Yoga's suggestions I enabled Erp on BIOS and fixshutdown in clover configurator and now my sleep works perfect! Now I have a fully functional build. Only Issue is that I still haven't been able to get reads from my fans neither on HWmonitor nor Istats, but apparently its an issue with our mobo and needs s customs DSDT to make that work.
I really enjoy your thread , congratulations on such a good build, and thanks for your help.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at what Erp is the next time I restart.

Yes, I've never had any fan readings. I just trust the bios to handle the cooling and judging by the temps, it does a fine job.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at what Erp is the next time I restart.

Yes, I've never had any fan readings. I just trust the bios to handle the cooling and judging by the temps, it does a fine job.

Thanks. :thumbup:

Yes , actually FAN Xpert does a fine job on setting fan curves, along with ASUS's suite the overclock and fan settings are very easy, but I would love to monitor more accurately my fan behavior in order to optimize performance/noice (I'm using a mac pro case , and as you know its not silent by any means!)

My 1,1 and 3,1 were in no way silent but I place blame on the heat generated from the CPUs and RAM... But even so, they were never offensively loud...

My old Mac Pro 5,1 was extremely quiet unless the CPUs were pushed hard and/or 130W CPUs were installed. The way they had the CPU section isolated with its own intake and exhaust fans worked very well.

My guess is that modding this case for use with an mATX motherboard, you would lose that effect. Also, since the Mac Pros were quite large, there's lots of room and it may be harder to channel the airflow from the fans to CPU heatsink. Having a fan mounted on the heatsink should help this.

So seems like most of my problem was from the xmp and extreme tweaking. Still working out the other bugs however it is now sleeping and waking up correctly. Not sure why the xmp would cause this problem. I'll also take a look at the ERP as well.

I have the same ram as pastrychef though. Also running bios 2022. I'll continue to update as I figure out this machine and the other bugs going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back