Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help!! I got it working!! Turns out it was because I was running pre-release versions of Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
haha..Man i was still stuck with no HDMI audio and still i am trying different darkwake values to get sleep working.

Sleep/wake is one of the most difficult issues to figure out. I struggled with figuring it out for a stretch then, one day, I updated Clover and it just started working. Through my time with this Gene build, I've had to use "darkwake", "darkwake=0", "darkwake=1", and, now, I'm back to "darkwake" again.

I saw in your config.plist that you have quite a few ssdt files. Some of them, I believe might be unnecessary if you are using Clover to do renaming. I suggest that you try with just ssdt-usb and ssdt-xcpm to see if sleep/wake works.

Sleep/wake is one of the most difficult issues to figure out. I struggled with figuring it out for a stretch then, one day, I updated Clover and it just started working. Through my time with this Gene build, I've had to use "darkwake", "darkwake=0", "darkwake=1", and, now, I'm back to "darkwake" again.

I saw in your config.plist that you have quite a few ssdt files. Some of them, I believe might be unnecessary if you are using Clover to do renaming. I suggest that you try with just ssdt-usb and ssdt-xcpm to see if sleep/wake works.
I Dont think that are causing problems as they are same from sierra where sleep works fine. still i will try your suggestion.

@pastrychef ,@Stork , I have been trying to get sleep working in High Sierra as it was working great on Sierra. I have tried different darkwake values from 0-8. Also, I have removed extra SSDT from patched folder. Also, I have checked pmset assertion and everything looks normal. Only thing that I have changed is monitor as previously it was full HD connected with HDMI, and now it is 4k connected with display-port. Is this can cause issue ? Any suggestions are most welcome.

I've been using 4K via DisplayPort since before building my first hackintosh and it's never been the cause of sleep problems.

@pastrychef ,@Stork , I have been trying to get sleep working in High Sierra as it was working great on Sierra. I have tried different darkwake values from 0-8. Also, I have removed extra SSDT from patched folder. Also, I have checked pmset assertion and everything looks normal. Only thing that I have changed is monitor as previously it was full HD connected with HDMI, and now it is 4k connected with display-port. Is this can cause issue ? Any suggestions are most welcome.

Just to clarify... When you try to wake your computer, the system is awake but monitor stays dark, right? Have you tried to VNC or screenshare in to the system when the monitor is dark?

Just to clarify... When you try to wake your computer, the system is awake but monitor stays dark, right? Have you tried to VNC or screenshare in to the system when the monitor is dark?
Actually I don't have any other system at home so I can not test screenshare or vnc and all lights and fans are waking up properly but monitor stays dark . Also output of pmset failure says this : Sleep Failure [code:0xFFFFFFFF0400001F]

Do you have an iPhone or iPad? VNC Viewer for iOS is free and can be used to help test.
Nope man , still I will try to get iPhone from friend and check . These 2 things (sleep and HDMI a audio) are really driving me crazy that were working perfectly on Sierra .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back