Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using my own SSDT-USB as my mobo is different than @pastrychef also computer went to deep sleep with all lights and fan turned off and when I tried to wake up by clicking mouse button or pressing any key then lights on Mobo and fans starts but no display output is there .
Sounds similar to my Z170-UD5-TH board when I set to 'darkwake'
The board resumes from sleep with one mouse click and requires another to wake the monitor

Sounds similar to my Z170-UD5-TH board when I set to 'darkwake'
The board resumes from sleep with one mouse click and requires another to wake the monitor
But in my case monitor never wakes . Only option is force shutdown.

My rig is already running on high Sierra , still should I replace apfs driver in clover ?

If you will be updating to the Supplemental Update, yes. Keep in mind that there are no compatible Nvidia web drivers for this version yet.

If you will be updating to the Supplemental Update, yes. Keep in mind that there are no compatible Nvidia web drivers for this version yet.
okay. can you please help me to solve sleep issue? also i would like to know which kexts you have installed in SLE/LE and which are in Clover/ Other .folder ? if you have idea about how to get hdmi audio easy way then please help in that too as right now i am using HDMIaudio.kext (1.1) in clover folder and it is not loading every time.

okay. can you please help me to solve sleep issue? also i would like to know which kexts you have installed in SLE/LE and which are in Clover/ Other .folder ? if you have idea about how to get hdmi audio easy way then please help in that too as right now i am using HDMIaudio.kext (1.1) in clover folder and it is not loading every time.

I know that most people recommend that kexts should go in to /L/E/. But I keep just about all of my hackintosh related kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Again, the recommended location is /L/E/.

I don't use HDMI audio on this build and don't have it enabled so I've never looked in to it.

It's extremely hard for me to help you fix sleep since I don't have your motherboard. I can only recommend that you do the "proper" USB fix and to implement Native CPU power management. These are probably the two most important things to getting sleep/wake working right. The last would be trial and error testing with the different darkwake settings.

I know that most people recommend that kexts should go in to /L/E/. But I keep just about all of my hackintosh related kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. Again, the recommended location is /L/E/.

I don't use HDMI audio on this build and don't have it enabled so I've never looked in to it.

It's extremely hard for me to help you fix sleep since I don't have your motherboard. I can only recommend that you do the "proper" USB fix and to implement Native CPU power management. These are probably the two most important things to getting sleep/wake working right. The last would be trial and error testing with the different darkwake settings.
Hmmm . I have been already using proper USB fix and cpu power management which are also verified . Initially I thought it might be clover issue but now since I have updated clover to latest version yesterday but still same problem . For HDMIaudio strange thing is kext only loads sometimes . Inject kext is Yes in plist . I have not changed anything in plist .

Have you tried putting the HDMI audio kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

Have you test all the darkwake options? Have you tested with different BIOS versions? I had some sleep issues with early BIOS versions that were fixed when I updated the BIOS. Have you tested with minimal USB devices plugged in? My first Wifi/Bluetooth card was defective and prevented my system from sleeping when Bluetooth was connected to an internal USB header.

Have you tried putting the HDMI audio kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/?

Have you test all the darkwake options? Have you tested with different BIOS versions? I had some sleep issues with early BIOS versions that were fixed when I updated the BIOS. Have you tested with minimal USB devices plugged in? My first Wifi/Bluetooth card was defective and prevented my system from sleeping when Bluetooth was connected to an internal USB header.
1- it is already in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
2- it is running on latest bios and same as on which Sierra was running and that time sleep and HDMI audio all was working properly.
3- USB devices connected while sleeping are keyboard, mouse and Bluetooth card on USB header but that must not creating issue as I have not changed any hardware since sierra.

Have you tried VoodooHDA? I use that for HDMI audio on my HP Elite 8300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back