Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update #2:
I tried iMac18,3 system definition again with the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext and all my issues have been resolved. :clap:
Do I need to do this step even for imac17,1 after using your ssdt-usb?

Do I need to do this step even for imac17,1 after using your ssdt-usb?

Everything should continue working well for you without making any changes.

However, if you want to update to the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext, you may do so as well.

Have you noticed any changes since you updated BIOS to 3503?

I've been using BIOS 3401 since upgrading my CPU to Kaby Lake. I have not tried any BIOS version newer than that.

If you are using iMac17,1 system definition, you will need the rename plus the ssdt-usbx.aml file in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

From where can I get this ssdt-usbx? Or do I have prepare specifically for my system alone? Is it possible for u to upload your config.plist, would really appreciate it.

Update #8 (July 27, 2017):

I have begun using iMac18,3 system definition because it most closely matches my hardware now. To use this system definition, it's imperative that you upgrade to the latest version of USBInjectAll.kext (0.6.2). I am also using BIOS 3503 and it's working well.

OK, I asked because of the above quote. I guess you reverted to 3401.

Hmm... Maybe it was 3503 that I installed... I can't remember. I'll have to check on my next reboot. But I can't recall any BIOS version giving me difficulties.

Hmm... Maybe it was 3503 that I installed... I can't remember. I'll have to check on my next reboot. But I can't recall any BIOS version giving me difficulties.

OK:thumbdown Just recovered from something that was probably just a stupid mistake. I tried to do a BIOS update to 3504 following the procedure on page 2-12 of the Asus VIII Gene manual, which wrongly indicates that the USB BIOS Flashback port is the bottom one beneath the PS/2 keyboard/mouse port. The blue light flashed a few times, than went solid. I realised that this is same error that applies to the port for the Unibeast installer flash drive. The correct port is listed on page 2-13 in the Asus Gene manual Rear Panel Connectors table — it is the upper port just below the Ethernet port.

Anyway, I then redid the 3504 update, successfully I thought, restarted and the system hung with the Apple logo and a progress bar under it, just a white dot at the beginning. I thought I has screwed things up by the update attempt using the wrong port for BIOS Flashback, and downgraded to BIOS 3401 using the Flashback procedure. Breathed a sigh of relief when the system booted OK.

I've since realised that I had noticed but not paid any attention to a post by blacktea in Stork's guide about exactly the problem I had with 3504 (about the BIOS keyboard simulation setting). The only good thing is that I now know it is possible to downgrade BIOS using the Flashback process. When I'm feeling braver I'll try the update to 3504 again but adjust that BIOS setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back