Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
In ig-platform-id, enter "0x19120000"

0x19120000 should be also when using it in connector-less/offline state? I thought it was 0x19120001

0x19120000 should be also when using it in connector-less/offline state? I thought it was 0x19120001

Yes, you are right. I will fix the first post. Thanks.

With all the changes and updates since I first wrote this build description, I decided to update the first post.

I've added an "Optional Tweaks For Perfection" section that lists all the additional things I've done and changed beyond the basic macOS installation.

Hopes it helps you guys.

That's really helpful. I've started checking through the items.

I was having my system contstantly restart when waking from overnight sleep. If I booted it from a backup and then restarted from the boot volume, it was OK. I restored it from a backup but that was missing some updates. I updated to BIOS 3504, disabling the keyboard/mouse emulation as advised by blacktea and checked the config.plist for obvious errors. Then I got the latest MultiBeast 9.2.0 and ran through the config and installed it, and made sure USBInjectAll.kext was at 6.2.0 (it had dropped back from the restore).

Now the system seems quite stable — 10.12.6, iMac18,3 which is very close match to my system, and the macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management. I slept it overnight and it woke OK this morning. The only issue was that Safari had blank boxes in the toolbar where the action icons should be. All I could think of as changed was the BIOS settings for Quick Sync which I had done. I undid those and Safari's toolbar is now OK. So I'm not going to change anything for a few days and make sure it stays stable.

I'm feeling close to being able to give my mid-2012 iMac to my grandson and rely completely on this system.

That's really helpful. I've started checking through the items.

I was having my system contstantly restart when waking from overnight sleep. If I booted it from a backup and then restarted from the boot volume, it was OK. I restored it from a backup but that was missing some updates. I updated to BIOS 3504, disabling the keyboard/mouse emulation as advised by blacktea and checked the config.plist for obvious errors. Then I got the latest MultiBeast 9.2.0 and ran through the config and installed it, and made sure USBInjectAll.kext was at 6.2.0 (it had dropped back from the restore).

Now the system seems quite stable — 10.12.6, iMac18,3 which is very close match to my system, and the macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management. I slept it overnight and it woke OK this morning. The only issue was that Safari had blank boxes in the toolbar where the action icons should be. All I could think of as changed was the BIOS settings for Quick Sync which I had done. I undid those and Safari's toolbar is now OK. So I'm not going to change anything for a few days and make sure it stays stable.

I'm feeling close to being able to give my mid-2012 iMac to my grandson and rely completely on this system.

The distorted icons in Safari are probably related to the invisible iBooks windows and Xcode instruments issue. Check the first post for the fix, apply it, and you should be able to re-enable the Quick Sync stuff without the Safari issues.

The distorted icons in Safari are probably related to the invisible iBooks windows and Xcode instruments issue. Check the first post for the fix, apply it, and you should be able to re-enable the Quick Sync stuff without the Safari issues.

You're right! Safari OK, iBooks OK. Thank you. I have to get out of the bad habit of changing too many things at once - makes it harder to find the cause of problems.
So now I WILL wait for a while before I change anything else.

Hi pastrychef,
Have you been satisfied with your monitor AOC U3277PWQU?
Does it works smoothly without any problems?
i made an order today!
Paid only 398€.
What I have read from net there's a lot of positive feedback about OAC.
What is your +/-
Thank you in advance!

ps.I have Amd Vega 64 GPU, so pic should be a smooth enough;)

Last edited:
Hi, lemnitz3.

I've been very happy with the AOC. I am able to use native 4K resolution and not have to scale anymore.

The only area that I wish were better is the on screen menus. It takes too many button presses to do something as simple as switch inputs. Trying to use picture-by-picture or picture-in-picture requires way too many button presses...

Overall, the image quality is very good and a great bargain. I think you will be pleased with it.

Hi, lemnitz3.

I've been very happy with the AOC. I am able to use native 4K resolution and not have to scale anymore.

The only area that I wish were better is the on screen menus. It takes too many button presses to do something as simple as switch inputs. Trying to use picture-by-picture or picture-in-picture requires way too many button presses...

Overall, the image quality is very good and a great bargain. I think you will be pleased with it.

Thanks a lot for a quick reply, pastrychef!
Nice to hear that your happy with it!
Native support is what I was look it too…
I also understood that the menus are quite tricky to handle, but maybe i can get over that…

One of the reason why I bought it is that monitor have rated brightness and contrast ratio 350 cd/m2 and 3000:1.
Which are pretty good values for money!
So excited until I get it!
I think the difference is is gonna be huge compared to my 5 yers old BenQ 1920x1080.
Now that I bought AMD Vega, so it's clear that I'm getting the most out of it with a new monitor.

Thanks again!

The directions to enable the Intel HD 630 are on the first post of this thread in the "Tweaks For Perfection" section. Look for "Enable IGPU For Quick Sync".

I don't know if the ssdt-usbx.aml file will work for your motherboard. You will need to check the first post at: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra.222266/
Check to see if your motherboard meets the criteria to use included ssdt-usbx.aml file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back