Contribute
Register

pastrychef's build - Asus Maximus VIII Gene - i7-7700K - GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea... I don't own a Bose speaker.
Is there a way to show you a video of what's happening oddly enough my back up is there and I'm able to log into it . But on the main hd it won't let me it goes halfway to the Apple then it reboots

So the 10.13.4 update started to go through and then I guess on the lass load it made it that Everytime I try to click on it it just reboots and reboots is that normal

When it reboots, once it gets to the Clover boot menu, you have to make sure it's booting from the correct partition.

When it reboots, once it gets to the Clover boot menu, you have to make sure it's booting from the correct partition.
so I have three partitions the first one which I assume is the right one (thats the one that ive been using all this time and the one that I thought I was booting it from ) the second one that one does have my OS but im assuming its the back up I did (im assuming but could be wrong) and the last one that says recovery. if it is indeed the second one and not the first then its still at 10.13.3

so I have three partitions the first one which I assume is the right one (thats the one that ive been using all this time and the one that I thought I was booting it from ) the second one that one does have my OS but im assuming its the back up I did (im assuming but could be wrong) and the last one that says recovery. if it is indeed the second one and not the first then its still at 10.13.3

If you don't see a partition named something like "Install from Prebooter", then that means either (1) the update has completed or (2) the update was never started.

If the update has completed and your system is in a reboot loop, something is wrong with your configuration. You will need to check that all your hackintosh kexts and Clover is updated and figure out if there's something wrong with your config.plist. Also, you should update apfs.efi as instructed in the 10.13.4 thread.

If you don't see a partition named something like "Install from Prebooter", then that means either (1) the update has completed or (2) the update was never started.

If the update has completed and your system is in a reboot loop, something is wrong with your configuration. You will need to check that all your hackintosh kexts and Clover is updated and figure out if there's something wrong with your config.plist. Also, you should update apfs.efi as instructed in the 10.13.4 thread.
yeah so far what I can figure is that i backed up my old set up on my back up storage drive and that is what im seeing ... and im pretty sure i messed up and didnt update the apfs.efi so at this point can I still save this ?

yeah so far what I can figure is that i backed up my old set up on my back up storage drive and that is what im seeing ... and im pretty sure i messed up and didnt update the apfs.efi so at this point can I still save this ?

I updated the apfs.efi after updating to 10.13.4 on one of my computers. It's fine. That's not the cause of your problems.

I updated the apfs.efi after updating to 10.13.4 on one of my computers. It's fine. That's not the cause of your problems.
Okay yeah I'm so lost then I'm able to sign into my back up for sure on my hard drive that is not my ssd that it originally was on that seems to be the drive they loops or won't start up

Okay yeah I'm so lost then I'm able to sign into my back up for sure on my hard drive that is not my ssd that it originally was on that seems to be the drive they loops or won't start up

Please attach your EFI folder. I want to see what's causing your problems.

Please attach your EFI folder. I want to see what's causing your problems.
Okay will do also I'm noticing when I am signing in clover doesn't show my hhd that has the 10.13.4 on it

ive enclosed what I believe your looking for ... I admittedly dont know how to actually find that folder .. im still learning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back