Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yeah, I initially done that, but probably messed up something else afterwards. Today with the fresh head I've repeated all the steps and now everything seems to work fine, WiFi is up, sleep\wake seems to work.
But the boot time now became even longer.

Do you know if there is a way to fix that? I'm using EVO 960 NVME, and before Monterey boot times were perfect.
Update: no way fixing it.
Also, do you know how to return chime on boot, I kinda liked it :)

Thanks guys, as usual, you are the best!!

View attachment 576146

The chime is kinda inconsistent... On all the hacks I've had, I've never been able to get it to chime 100% of the time. At best, it chimes about 50% of the time...

Since I have installed Sonoma two month ago, I am still on version 14.0 (23A344). Every day the system is checking for new updates, but every time I get the message my mac is up-to-date. Is there somewhere a hidden parameter that avoid further upgrades?

I'm fine without the chime, no problem. However, I was using you build for Monterey for a long time and it was working very consistantly.

So I have another issue, my WiFi stopped working after a reboot. Do I need to keep Secure Boot OFF in bios and in OC configuration all the time for WiFi to work?
- My WiFi icon is crossed out but if I go to WiFi settings I can see networks but cannot connect

Update: I might have my WiFi module to be at fault. Do you have any suggestion which WiFi module to buy so it works good?

And one more problem, my Skype is freaking out. When I use Skype I cannot see a person that I talk to, when I use web.skype version in Safari I can see the person but they don't see me. When I use web.skype version from Chrome we see each other but it is laggy. Also, skype app uses a lot of resourced during the conversation... I guess the issues is in NootRX for 6700XT and not Sonoma, but maybe you have an idea where to dig? This is not a big issue tho.

Last edited:
Since I have installed Sonoma two month ago, I am still on version 14.0 (23A344). Every day the system is checking for new updates, but every time I get the message my mac is up-to-date. Is there somewhere a hidden parameter that avoid further upgrades?

With SIP disabled, I've had to download the full installers to update to the latest versions of Sonoma. Just download from the App Store and launch the installer when download is done.

I'm fine without the chime, no problem. However, I was using you build for Monterey for a long time and it was working very consistantly.

So I have another issue, my WiFi stopped working after a reboot. Do I need to keep Secure Boot OFF in bios and in OC configuration all the time for WiFi to work?
- My WiFi icon is crossed out but if I go to WiFi settings I can see networks but cannot connect

Update: I might have my WiFi module to be at fault. Do you have any suggestion which WiFi module to buy so it works good?

And one more problem, my Skype is freaking out. When I use Skype I cannot see a person that I talk to, when I use web.skype version in Safari I can see the person but they don't see me. When I use web.skype version from Chrome we see each other but it is laggy. Also, skype app uses a lot of resourced during the conversation... I guess the issues is in NootRX for 6700XT and not Sonoma, but maybe you have an idea where to dig? This is not a big issue tho.

I use the Apple made BCM94360CS2 with an adaptor when possible. When there's not enough room, I use Dell DW1560, but this card requires a few extra kexts.

macOS 14.2.1 Update, took ~20 minutes, OpenCore 0.9.7
Everything works fine.

Try using my latest efi, I also added a little tutorial for updates.
Post #13,180

@snoopy69: Today I had time to update my EFI with your latest version. Now an update to 14.2.1 was suggested. After approx. 30 mins I'm up-to-date again. Everything looks fine so far. Thanks a lot for your help!

Would it be possible to attach the latest EFI version to post #1?

@snoopy69: Today I had time to update my EFI with your latest version. Now an update to 14.2.1 was suggested. After approx. 30 mins I'm up-to-date again. Everything looks fine so far. Thanks a lot for your help!

Would it be possible to attach the latest EFI version to post #1?

Done.

Charlie-Brown-Christmas-Tree.jpg

Back