Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hey man! Thank you very much! I was busy bringing my files up to date on my hack, so I haven't even checked how to fix windows bootloader. I appreciate your help!

Hey Chef, sorry for bothering, I have another troubleshooting question if you don't mind.
This morning after wakeup my hack lost the sound, after reboot sound appeared again. I'm using sound via HDMI\DP so per google search I've added CodecCommander.kext to fix that, so far I couldn't replicate the issue. However, I realized that something is wrong with my SMBIOS settings, I have Mac18.1 but my power saving settings look like Mac14... and my iStat menus show only 2 Cores in temperature menu but all 8 in load graph.
Do you know what might be reason for that?
Here are screenshots and my EFI folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 4.37.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 4.37.11 PM.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 4.37.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 4.37.55 PM.png
    287.8 KB · Views: 34
  • EFI.zip
    23.3 MB · Views: 39
Hey Chef, sorry for bothering, I have another troubleshooting question if you don't mind.
This morning after wakeup my hack lost the sound, after reboot sound appeared again. I'm using sound via HDMI\DP so per google search I've added CodecCommander.kext to fix that, so far I couldn't replicate the issue. However, I realized that something is wrong with my SMBIOS settings, I have Mac18.1 but my power saving settings look like Mac14... and my iStat menus show only 2 Cores in temperature menu but all 8 in load graph.
latest version of AppleALC is 1.7.2, may be worth trying

may also be worth updating your old version of lilu.kext as well

you should also be careful with your boot arguments:
-lilubetaall has a warning on Acidanthera github

I don't know what can cause the two cores thing. I've never done anything that would affect CPU core detection. I've always just let macOS detect it on its own.

latest version of AppleALC is 1.7.2, may be worth trying

may also be worth updating your old version of lilu.kext as well

you should also be careful with your boot arguments:
-lilubetaall has a warning on Acidanthera github
Thanks! I will try to update kexts. Regarding -lilubetaall - I got this EFI from this thread, so I guess Pastry has put this argument there. I will do my research regarding it.

Thanks! I will try to update kexts. Regarding -lilubetaall - I got this EFI from this thread, so I guess Pastry has put this argument there. I will do my research regarding it.
Ahh ok

I don't know what can cause the two cores thing. I've never done anything that would affect CPU core detection. I've always just let macOS detect it on its own.
Alright, I will keep digging. Thanks!

Edit:
Okay, updated to clover 5146 and now energy saver settings look good. Will see how sound is doing

Last edited:
Hello @pastrycheff, as always, thank you for all your work here.
I could use your help...
I am on OC 0.7.9, still on big sur, everything works ok. It's exactly your EFI folder, S/N, Mac address and pikera.
Trying to update to EFI 0.8.1 but got errors, sorry for the images, are not great.
Also tried with 0.8.0, looks exactly the same. Any idea what could be causing the issue?

Attachments

• Moments 2022-06-13 20-09-44.png
    Moments 2022-06-13 20-09-44.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • Moments 2022-06-13 20-11-20.png
    Moments 2022-06-13 20-11-20.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • Moments 2022-06-13 20-11-56.png
    Moments 2022-06-13 20-11-56.png
    1 MB · Views: 32
Hello @pastrycheff, as always, thank you for all your work here.
I could use your help...
I am on OC 0.7.9, still on big sur, everything works ok. It's exactly your EFI folder, S/N, Mac address and pikera.
Trying to update to EFI 0.8.1 but got errors, sorry for the images, are not great.
Also tried with 0.8.0, looks exactly the same. Any idea what could be causing the issue?

A few other guys on my Z390 thread figured out 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 don't work with older versions of macOS... I don't know why. But if you have everything working with 0.7.9, I would just stick with it since you are on Big Sur.

If you want to upgrade to Monterey, created a USB installer and put 0.8.1 on the EFI partition of the USB flash drive and boot from that to do the upgrade.

Back