Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

You already have Catalina installed or are you trying to do a new install of Catalina?

Have you tried one of the older versions of the EFIs? I have not tested newer EFIs with older versions of macOS.
Thanks for the reply. I do have Catalina installed but I failed to boot clover. When I use an install USB with Catalina install, I can get into Clover bootloader but I cannot boot Catalina as well. What is really strange is that I see the same behavior when I try to make a new Catalina install, the loading line just slowly moves right (pixel by pixel) and nothing happens. No HDD or USB light blinking

Edit:
Yes, I tried older versions as well..

Thanks for the reply. I do have Catalina installed but I failed to boot clover. When I use an install USB with Catalina install, I can get into Clover bootloader but I cannot boot Catalina as well. What is really strange is that I see the same behavior when I try to make a new Catalina install, the loading line just slowly moves right (pixel by pixel) and nothing happens. No HDD or USB light blinking

Edit:
Yes, I tried older versions as well..

Try OpenCore.

1. Copy the EFI to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
  2. Boot in to Clover and clear NVRAM by pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu.
  3. When the system reboots, shut down before Clover loads.
  4. Plug in your USB flash drive with OpenCore on it and boot from it.

Hey! Just right when you replied I was able to boot! Basically system has stuck at AppleNVMe Assert failed: ( 0 != data ) ReleaseIdNode file:....
I have used the solution from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-stuck-at-apfs_module_start-1683.284979/
I basically added SSDT-EC.aml to ACPI/Patched on the USB.

Now I need to figure out why my original setup doesn't work. I don't really understand why it is required now any why my previous EFI folder doesn't work anymore.

I will now try to boot with my original EFI, see what happens.

Chef, as usual, thank you very much! I used your newer EFI folder, and was able to boot without a problem! I aslo was able to disable my 3080 with whatevergreen.

Feels good to be back with my favorite hack, I hated working on my macbook because of the noise and heat.

On a sidenote, I messed up my windows10 bootloader, do you know how to fix that?:)

On a sidenote, I messed up my windows10 bootloader, do you know how to fix that?:)

This week, I swapped out my Dell AT101 "Bigfoot" keyboard (Alps key switches) for a Logitech G413 keyboard (Romer-G key switches). Then I went down the rabbit hole in searching for methods to make the keyboard behave more Mac-like.

Goals:
  1. Make the "Alt" key behave as the Command key.
  2. Make the "Windows" key behave as the Option key.
  3. Make the "Menu" key (located on the right of the space bar between Fn and CTRL) behave as the Option key.
5799703_sd.jpg

Achieving #1 and #2 was easily done in System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys...

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 7.33.58 AM.png
I found a few different solutions to achieve #3, but it required having apps running 24/7 or kexts to be installed... I wanted something "cleaner". I finally came across a brilliant solution by rmbrad where we just have to create a simple plist and add it to ~/Library/LaunchAgents/.

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 7.37.33 AM.png

Source:https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...menu-button-on-windows-keyboards-used-in-os-x

In his example, he mapped the Menu key to behave as a Command key. To make it behave as the Option key, just use 0xE6 instead of 0XE7. I have attached my plist below to make it easier for anyone who wants to use this.

Attachments

• MenuKetyToOptionKey.plist
    660 bytes · Views: 27
How do we bring back the option to reset NVRam at the OC bootpicker?

The AllowNvramReset entry is no longer a thing in the latest OC Config, pressing the spacebar at the bootpicker only shows me the Recovery partition as an extra entry. Tried with HideAuxiliary both true and false.

How do we bring back the option to reset NVRam at the OC bootpicker?

The AllowNvramReset entry is no longer a thing in the latest OC Config, pressing the spacebar at the bootpicker only shows me the Recovery partition as an extra entry. Tried with HideAuxiliary both true and false.

Back