Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hello! What is the most optimal configuration setting for the z370 - i8700 Radeon VII Give a link to EFI

You can use the latest OpenCore EFI from post #1. Just delete everything in config.plist > DeviceProperties and create your own USB ports kext.

Those who're using the iMac definition, anyone facing issues with AirPods Pro connections? This build is so good I don't even have to turn it off daily (I mean that's the whole reason why I pivoted to a Hackintosh in the first place) but it resulted in some recurring activity problems (Such as reconnections to the same bluetooth device)

I have a JBL Charge 3 permanently stationed on my desk as a desktop speaker and have it permanently connected to my hac. Whenever someone at home needs silence, I'll switch over to my AirPods. But I realised recently that every time I do that after 1-3 days since the last boot, it won't work (The audio options show the Pods as an option but switching to it produces 0 audio output while the JBL still works). Not sure if anyone is facing this issue.

Other than that my machine is working pretty fine

Hello PastryChef. Hope all well. Any advice on Clover 5125 and beyond. Steer well clear, and wait for your next "release"? or...
use OpenCore

Hello PastryChef. Hope all well. Any advice on Clover 5125 and beyond. Steer well clear, and wait for your next "release"? or...

I haven't been able to get any of the newer versions of Clover to work with the Big Sur Public Betas so I haven't posted any Clover updates...

It saddens me to say it, but I've been seriously considering ending Clover support for my builds. I was a huge fan of Clover but I feel like it has deteriorated extremely fast. Since they are now trying to stitch parts of OpenCore in to Clover to get it to work with Big Sur, why not just use OpenCore...

I really hope the Clover team gets everything working. I really like having a single USB flash drive with working configs for all my builds for emergencies.

I would like to, just worried that it isn't going to be as simple as using PastryChef's Clover releases.
hackintosh is a learning curve, it gets more easy the more you do it :)

It does, but I got lazy, and now pastrychef does all the hard work
not the kind of thing anyone wants to hear here

as long as you have a working backup usb stick to boot from, then there is no issue of messing up

not the kind of thing anyone wants to hear here

as long as you have a working backup usb stick to boot from, then there is no issue of messing up
Sorry. I didn’t mean it to sound like that. I meant that we all take advantage of the hard work that Pastrychef puts in, to make the less technical of us able to achieve what it is unlikely we would be able to do on our own

Back