Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

do yu
The 9700K is a 9900K minus Hyper Threading.

Please see the following for an explanation of what Hyper Threading is:
ok thanks, do you know by any chance if davinci resolve is using hyperthreading? I only find ambigous information. At some point people seem to disable hyperthreading to get a better performance. https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=82540&p=458524&hilit=hyperthreading#p458524

Last edited:
do yu

ok thanks, do you know by any chance if davinci resolve is using hyperthreading? I only find ambigous sources.

According to the following, Resolve will use as many cores as possible. Therefore, you would definitely benefit from going to a 9900K.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 10.17.26 AM.png

Source:https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47945

I was wondering if somebody knows if the boot speed can be optimised. I see the first stage loading quite fast but between the first and 2nd boot phase (Apple logo with progress indicator) it stops a few seconds about 70% of process bar. Any idea if this can be improved?

I don't know. You'd have to ask them... But the last post seemed to be throwing out a guess. He said, "turning off hyperthreading might actually improve the performance".
I found this video just in case anybody is interested :

One more thing: can you recommend any Thunderbolt 3 card that works with this motherboard?

One more thing: can you recommend any Thunderbolt 3 card that works with this motherboard?

I tested an Alpine Ridge and couldn't get it to work. My guess is that it was due to the fact that the PCI-e x8 slot is linked to the CPU and not PCH. My second guess is that it can work if I use one of the M.2 slots instead, but I didn't try.

Clover EFI updated to r5126.

Tested with Catalina 10.15.7 and latest Big Sur Public Beta.

Do not use your existing config.plist. Instead, copy/paste your SMBIOS info from your current config.plist to the new one included in the zip file. Remember to also set the system definition to the one that you are currently using.

To be safe, please test this EFI on a USB flash drive before deleting your existing one.

Back