Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Don't install hackintosh kexts to /Library/Extensions/. Put them all in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

In config.plist, get rid of the "uia_exclude=" line in config.plist/Boot/Arguments/.
Hi pastrychef,

unfortunately.... that didn't do the trick. What I don't understand is, that the SAME port works with USB3 but not with USB2 devices.... it doesn't make sense to me! :crazy:

If I remember correctly.... it started long ago with some Security updates. After that, I couldn't use that port anymore. Before that, it worked perfectly. Even after THIS patch in config.plist

Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Change EC0 to EC</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUMwXw==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUNfXw==
                    </data>

Somewhere on the road, before Mojave.... something must have broken. But what????

Best
M.

@mikampe, see

@mikampe, see

Hi Stork,

thx 4 the hint :thumbup:..... but I didn't work. It is just this one damn USB port, that refuses to take USB2 devices. The other ones work fine.

I'm lost....:confused:

M.

Hi pastrychef,

unfortunately.... that didn't do the trick. What I don't understand is, that the SAME port works with USB3 but not with USB2 devices.... it doesn't make sense to me! :crazy:

If I remember correctly.... it started long ago with some Security updates. After that, I couldn't use that port anymore. Before that, it worked perfectly. Even after THIS patch in config.plist

Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                    <string>Change EC0 to EC</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>
                    RUMwXw==
                    </data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>
                    RUNfXw==
                    </data>

Somewhere on the road, before Mojave.... something must have broken. But what????

Best
M.

It doesn't make sense. When you plug in a USB 2 device with Hackintool open, does the port light up?

Exactly how I did it. But This „special“ port didn‘t show any USB2 activity even with 26 ports in the list....

Then maybe the connector on your case is not working... Does USB 2 work in Windows or Linux?

Then maybe the connector on your case is not working... Does USB 2 work in Windows or Linux?
That is a good question. Never installed Win or Linux on my machine. But if this port is broken, shouldn‘t the USB3 connection fail either?

Question back: If I change the Smbios to 17,1 in config.plist, do I have to change something elsewhere?

That is a good question. Never installed Win or Linux on my machine. But if this port is broken, shouldn‘t the USB3 connection fail either?

If one of the pins on the header are not connected correctly, it's possible for USB 3 to work and USB 2 fail.

Back