Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi Pastrychef,

long time no hear. Hope you‘re doing fine and you‘re safe. I have a, hopefully not so stupid, question reg. making a new USB port map on my system.

The reason is, that I upgraded directly to Mojave 10.14.6 and now my USB ports (and my mapping) doesn‘t work anymore. Some ports not at all and some ports only at USB2 speed.

So, what do I need to do, to „revert“ to enabeling ALL ports and then to make again an USB mapping (with Hackintool this time). I‘m super nervous, that I‘ll delete something important in my config.plist and that it won‘t boot anymore....

I only find guides coming from inject all to 15 port limit and not „go back there“...

thx a lot for your help in advance...
Best
Michael

Hi Pastrychef,

long time no hear. Hope you‘re doing fine and you‘re safe. I have a, hopefully not so stupid, question reg. making a new USB port map on my system.

The reason is, that I upgraded directly to Mojave 10.14.6 and now my USB ports (and my mapping) doesn‘t work anymore. Some ports not at all and some ports only at USB2 speed.

So, what do I need to do, to „revert“ to enabeling ALL ports and then to make again an USB mapping (with Hackintool this time). I‘m super nervous, that I‘ll delete something important in my config.plist and that it won‘t boot anymore....

I only find guides coming from inject all to 15 port limit and not „go back there“...

thx a lot for your help in advance...
Best
Michael

Yes. Doing pretty good, just kinda bored. Lol. Hope all is well with you too!

Yes.
  1. Remove whatever USB fix you are currently using.
  2. Enable all the ports using USBInjectAll and KextsToPatches for your version of macOS.
  3. Use Hackintool to help you map your ports.

@pastrychef any particular reason to set DVMT pre-alloc to 193mb? My mobo allows upto 1024mb and I am using single 4k monitor so what should I use? I tried 64, 128 and 192 but didn’t notice any difference.

It shouldn't make any difference. It's just what I tried and worked when I did try IGPU.

Yes. Doing pretty good, just kinda bored. Lol. Hope all is well with you too!

Yes.
  1. Remove whatever USB fix you are currently using.
  2. Enable all the ports using USBInjectAll and KextsToPatches for your version of macOS.
  3. Use Hackintool to help you map your ports.
Hi pastrychef,

thx for the guide. Did as you told me so. Everything is works....... except for ONE front panel bus.
HS01 (USB2).... no chance. Cannot force it to run. SS01(same port but USB3) no problem.

No IOregistry.... no Hackintool.... nada. It won't recognised ANY USB2 device on THIS port????
Everything else worked.

User intelligence to low :banghead:

Do you have any idea?
Best
M.

Hi pastrychef,

thx for the guide. Did as you told me so. Everything is works....... except for ONE front panel bus.
HS01 (USB2).... no chance. Cannot force it to run. SS01(same port but USB3) no problem.

No IOregistry.... no Hackintool.... nada. It won't recognised ANY USB2 device on THIS port????
Everything else worked.

User intelligence to low :banghead:

Do you have any idea?
Best
M.

Please post your USBPorts.kext.

Please post your USBPorts.kext.
I'm using the SSDT-UIAC.aml file and just found out, that iPhone charging on THIS particular port doesn't work either.

Thx a lot for looking into this
Best
M.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 53
I'm using the SSDT-UIAC.aml file and just found out, that iPhone charging on THIS particular port doesn't work either.

Thx a lot for looking into this
Best
M.

The kext looks fine. But why are you using iMac14,2 system definition??? iMac17,1 is probably best choice for Z170.

You should remove whatever SSDT you have for USB and remove USBInjectAll. Then install the USBPorts.kext.

The kext looks fine. But why are you using iMac14,2 system definition??? iMac17,1 is probably best choice for Z170.

You should remove whatever SSDT you have for USB and remove USBInjectAll. Then install the USBPorts.kext.
Hi pastrychef,

thx for your help, but it didn't work. Have the feeling, that there is another issue. I attached my config.plist and a screenshot of my l/e folder. maybe you'll see the culprit here....
iMac 14,2 comes from Storks Hero build. And somewhere I read (long time ago), that the 17.1 definition makes problems on my build. Is that not valid anymore?

thx again for your support anstatt safe
Best M.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 16.54.52.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 16.54.52.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 36
Hi pastrychef,

thx for your help, but it didn't work. Have the feeling, that there is another issue. I attached my config.plist and a screenshot of my l/e folder. maybe you'll see the culprit here....
iMac 14,2 comes from Storks Hero build. And somewhere I read (long time ago), that the 17.1 definition makes problems on my build. Is that not valid anymore?

thx again for your support anstatt safe
Best M.

Don't install hackintosh kexts to /Library/Extensions/. Put them all in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

In config.plist, get rid of the "uia_exclude=" line in config.plist/Boot/Arguments/.

Back