Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

not with 5.1.2., but with 4.5.1 and the default efi folder i do.

Make sure you are putting the EFI folder in to the EFI partition of your USB flash drive. EFI Agent can help with mounting of the EFI partition.

It may help if you initialize your USB flash drive with Disk Utility first. Initialize it to:
Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 6.15.55 PM.png

Yep, currently retrying. I had initialized with the same presets that you have. The EFI file in the EFI drive currently was the file downloaded from the link that my cursor is on. I will try and rerun 5.1.2, and update with any results.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
Yep, currently retrying. I had initialized with the same presets that you have. The EFI file in the EFI drive currently was the file downloaded from the link that my cursor is on. I will try and rerun 5.1.2, and update with any results.

Yes. Plug in your USB flash drive. Then power up your computer and immediately spam the F8 key until you see the BIOS boot menu. Then select the USB flash drive.

Yes. Plug in your USB flash drive. Then power up your computer and immediately spam the F8 key until you see the BIOS boot menu. Then select the USB flash drive.
Yep, I must’ve put in the wrong file the first time because it had loaded clover 48**. Now it’s loading into Clover correctly, clover v 5093. It’s currently scanning entries.

Yep, I must’ve put in the wrong file the first time because it had loaded clover 48**. Now it’s loading into Clover correctly, clover v 5093. It’s currently scanning entries.
At first I had selected the wrong USB, and I was getting frustrated because it was stuck on scanning entries. But I switched it, and it worked. I honestly can't thank you enough, for real.

At first I had selected the wrong USB, and I was getting frustrated because it was stuck on scanning entries. But I switched it, and it worked. I honestly can't thank you enough, for real.
@abomb2503
Hello. I see that we are using the same mobo. I'm having a weird issue with the App Store updates. Would you be willing to post your config.plist (sanitized, of course) so I can see how it compares to mine?

Thanks!

@abomb2503
Hello. I see that we are using the same mobo. I'm having a weird issue with the App Store updates. Would you be willing to post your config.plist (sanitized, of course) so I can see how it compares to mine?

Thanks!

What's wrong with your App Store?

When I check for updates, I get a screen that says "No Updates. All your apps are up to date". No list of recent updates; just text. Same text appears if I use the terminal to check for updates. I can see my purchases, and download them again; I can buy new apps. My laptop does not have this problem. So far, here's what I've tried: replaced my entire keychain; deleted all app-store caches and plists; replaced those with the ones from my MacBook Pro (which does show updates); cleared system-wide caches and user caches with TinkerTool System. Updated to 10.15.4 using combo updater. Verified that my drivers and kexts match other working systems.

At this point, I've concluded it's something in my config.plist. I have Mojave in a Parallels virtual machine, and it will NOT find the updates either. I've killed the firewall on this machine.

The only thing I can conclude is that my config.plist is messed up, and the store doesn't recognize it as a legit device.

Last edited:
When I check for updates, I get a screen that says "No Updates. All your apps are up to date". No list of recent updates; just text. Same text appears if I use the terminal to check for updates. I can see my purchases, and download them again; I can buy new apps. My laptop does not have this problem. So far, here's what I've tried: replaced my entire keychain; deleted all app-store caches and plists; replaced those with the ones from my MacBook Pro (which does show updates); cleared system-wide caches and user caches with TinkerTool System. Updated to 10.15.4 using combo updater. Verified that my drivers and kexts match other working systems.

At this point, I've concluded it's something in my config.plist. I have Mojave in a Parallels virtual machine, and it will NOT find the updates either. I've killed the firewall on this machine.

The only thing I can conclude is that my config.plist is messed up, and the store doesn't recognize it as a legit device.

Is your built-in Ethernet en0 in System Information > Network?

Is your built-in ethernet en0 in System Information > Network?
Yup: for IPV4 and IPV6 both.

(Would anything at all work if it wasn't?) I"m not having any other internet issues, AFAICT...

BSD Device Name: en0
IPv4 Addresses: 192.168.1.42
IPv4:
AdditionalRoutes:
DestinationAddress: 192.168.1.42
SubnetMask: 255.255.255.255
DestinationAddress: 169.254.0.0
SubnetMask: 255.255.0.0
Addresses: 192.168.1.42
ARPResolvedHardwareAddress: 60:38:e0:8e:80:fe
ARPResolvedIPAddress: 192.168.1.2
Configuration Method: Manual
ConfirmedInterfaceName: en0
Interface Name: en0
Network Signature: IPv4.Router=192.168.1.2;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=60:38:e0:8e:80:fe
Router: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Masks: 255.255.255.0
IPv6:
Addresses: 2601:642:c400:1402:802:47cf:59e1:9a77, 2601:642:c400:1402::386
Configuration Method: Automaticnfirmed
InterfaceName: en0
Interface Name: en0
<sniP>

Last edited:
Back