Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thank you for the test @pastrychef ! I browsed tons of hackintosh forums. What I realized, after High Sierra installs WOL stopped. You can check also: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ince-10-13-1-high-sierra-update.238361/page-2 . Maybe this is the solution :

Tomorrow I hope i will have enough time to test it. If You do,and its working, please share the modified maussi kext. Thank you.

Have you tested without IntelMausiEthernet.kext installed? If what you quoted is true then not using IntelMausiEthernet will be able to power on the system via magic packets.

Then you would just need a second Ethernet for Internet or just use Wi-Fi.

Have you tested without IntelMausiEthernet.kext installed? If what you quoted is true then not using IntelMausiEthernet will be able to power on the system via magic packets.

Then you would just need a second Ethernet for Internet or just use Wi-Fi.
Confirming. Without Maussi kext I have link activity on NiC, but I am still unable to turn it on by Wake on LAN. If I kill the computer with power button, Wake on LAN works. No ideas. ツ

Check the cable. There has been times when the cable wasn't plugged in tightly enough and I didn't get an image.

If using HDMI, try lowering the resolution to and/or 30Hz.

Tried a HDMI cable on the second monitor and that worked ok ( all be it with a different colour look which I need to look into ) so I might try another DP cable over the weekend.

It will be interesting to see how this machine performs with Davinci now I have a decent GFX card in it. It's nice to finally have a desktop machine that can handle multiple monitors again. :)

Confirming. Without Maussi kext I have link activity on NiC, but I am still unable to turn it on by Wake on LAN. If I kill the computer with power button, Wake on LAN works. No ideas ツ

I don't know what else to try...

I don't know what else to try...
Coincidentally I saw this kext in someone's uploaded /EFI folder a few days ago, no idea what it is or if it would help :

Attachments

• IntelMausi-WOL.kext.zip
    58 KB · Views: 60
Coincidentally I saw this kext in someone's uploaded /EFI folder a few days ago, no idea what it is or if it would help :

Thank you!!

Working Opencore 0.5, but the same config.plist cannot boot in 0.5.5
I don't why, I have tried various methods but fail.
My build is : MSI Z370-A Pro, RX 570. using Sansung SSD 960 Evo.
Can you kindly look into my EFI to identify the problems for me.

There were a lot of changes between version 0.5 and 0.5.5, including changes to key values in config.plist. You should not expect a config.plist from 0.5 to work with 0.5.5.

After upgrading to 10.15.3 my Bluetooth acts weird. After sleep/wake cycle, it sticks to whatever the last connected bt device was (AirPods for example) and refuses to disconnect them, refuses to connect any other BT device, but also doesn't play any audio though that device, so it is not really connected. Turning off/on the BT (tried with WiFi as well, to hopefully turn off the card completely) doesn't help.

After upgrading to 10.15.3 my bluetooth acts weird. After sleep/wake cycle it sticks to whatever the last connected bt device was (AirPods for example) and refuses to disconnect them, refuses to connect any other bt device, but also doesn't play any audio though that device, so it is not really connected. Turning off/on the bt (tried with wifi as well, to hopefully turn off the card completely) doesn't help.

Hmm... I don't know what can cause that...

As far as hackintosh configurations go, if you are using an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, the only thing that we need to do is make sure USB is working. Other than that, there are no configurations for Bluetooth.

If you are using a non-Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, you can look to see if there has been updates to BrcmPatchRAM.

There were a lot of changes between version 0.5 and 0.5.5, including changes to key values in config.plist. You should not expect a config.plist from 0.5 to work with 0.5.5.

I know, but when I compare it side by side. Setting nearly the same entry. ends in kernel panic and Fault CR2 error
Follow the guide from OpenCore Vanilla Guide Coffee Lake does not work.

Back