Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

DSDT patches question:
I've seen two different XHC1 to XHC patches:

XHC1 to XHC 58484349 - 5848435F
XHC1 to XHC 58484331 - 5848435F

I think it's the search term that is different. How does one know which one to use?

Use an ASCII to Hex convertor and convert "XHC1" to Hex. Which ever one matches the convertor is the correct one.

Hello, sorry for the very obvious question for you but, what is the use of NTFS.efi that is in your EFI OpenCore?

* Read / write NFTS?

Hello, sorry for the very obvious question for you but, what is the use of NTFS.efi that is in your EFI OpenCore?

* Read / write NFTS?

The drivers in that folder are for the bootloader. Without those drivers, the bootloader wouldn't recognized NTFS drives.

Hi Mr. Pastry!

My bluetooth has gone grey... That is to say on my Z390-E Gaming model board, it would appear my USB is mapped... Everything else is functioning as it should, but I can't turn OFF bluetooth, nor are any devices recognized.

Any thoughts on what might be occurring?

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 8.03.49 PM.png

For context, it WAS working - but I removed my PCI-E wi-fi card, and plugged it back in. That's the only change I made to make it "stop".

Hi Mr. Pastry!

My bluetooth has gone grey... That is to say on my Z390-E Gaming model board, it would appear my USB is mapped... Everything else is functioning as it should, but I can't turn OFF bluetooth, nor are any devices recognized.

Any thoughts on what might be occurring?

View attachment 448802

For context, it WAS working - but I removed my PCI-E wi-fi card, and plugged it back in. That's the only change I made to make it "stop".

You're not giving much info to work with...

If it was working and stopped working after you pulled it and re-installed it, my first guess would be installation error...

What kind of card is it?
Where is it installed?
How are your USB ports fixed?
Are you using emulated NVRAM?
Did you make any BIOS changes?
Is Bluetooth seen in System Information > USB?

I don't know. Lol... Why would you?
I don't do it...

OK then. that XHCI patch is now disabled.

I went back to page one in this thread and downloaded your EFI Unified 5.1.7 and took a look at the config.plist.

I see that you have ENABLED all these patches:

GFX0-IGPO
PEGP-GFX0
PPMC-PMCR
EC0-EC

In mine, they are ALL DISABLED. Is that something to do with internal grafix vs my Vega card?

Do I keep them off?

In fixes, I have ENABLED
FixIPIC
FixShutdown
AddMCHC
Drop OEM_DSM

Your config does not. A board difference?

in droptables, I have enabled:

DMAR
MATS
and FixHeaders is checked (next to AutoMerge)

Your config does not.

As you pointed out, your board isn't perfect match for mine, but it's close.

I just updated the BIOS on mine today (to 1401) so I'm not really trying to bug you... just to put the last bit of spit and polish on it.

Thanks!

You're not giving much info to work with...

If it was working and stopped working after you pulled it and re-installed it, my first guess would be installation error...

What kind of card is it? - It's built in to the Z-390 E Strix Motherboard.
Where is it installed? - I'm not sure how to answer that.
How are your USB ports fixed? - I believe I'm using USBInjectAll, how can I check?
Are you using emulated NVRAM? - I'm not sure, how can I check?
Did you make any BIOS changes? - I did not.
Is Bluetooth seen in System Information > USB? - it is

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 8.55.04 PM.png

EDIT - I responded inline to your questions. Sorry, I've been out of the game a while.

Back