Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes, but he has kexts for Voodoo drivers for keyboard, mouse, trackpad and audio which is a configuration usually seen only on laptops which is why I mentioned it..

The acidanthera fork of VoodooPS2Controller.kext includes the drivers for keyboard, mouse, and trackpad all within the same kext.

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 2.40.20 PM.png

The acidanthera fork of VoodooPS2Controller.kext includes the drivers for keyboard, mouse, and trackpad all within the same kext.
Ah, my bad then.

Is your RTX 2070 still plugged in to your computer? How is your BIOS configured? I see graphics errors.

Yes my RTX is still plugged in, like in the PCI-E socket, and I configured the BIOS like the tutorial, except the places where it mentions UHD630 not available (i.e. "This will not be available if you are only using UHD 630.")

It once worked, I had a GTX 1060 while using Mojave (so it wasn't used, only plugged in) and I used the EFI that was for UHD630 (before you unified them).

Do you think there's a way to keep the RTX inside, but use UHD630, or, use an AMD graphic card while the RTX is plugged in? The thing is, I want to use the RTX in Windows, and another graphic card in Windows, either an AMD or the Intel one I have right now.

Yes my RTX is still plugged in, like in the PCI-E socket, and I configured the BIOS like the tutorial, except the places where it mentions UHD630 not available (i.e. "This will not be available if you are only using UHD 630.")

It once worked, I had a GTX 1060 while using Mojave (so it wasn't used, only plugged in) and I used the EFI that was for UHD630 (before you unified them).

Do you think there's a way to keep the RTX inside, but use UHD630, or, use an AMD graphic card while the RTX is plugged in? The thing is, I want to use the RTX in Windows, and another graphic card in Windows, either an AMD or the Intel one I have right now.

I've never tried what you are attempting to do...

Try setting IGPU to be "primary display" in BIOS. Don't connect a monitor to your RTX 2070 and try this EFI. Please let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 56
I've never tried what you are attempting to do...

Try setting IGPU to be "primary display" in BIOS. Don't connect a monitor to your RTX 2070 and try this EFI. Please let me know how it goes.
Wow Thanks, it actually worked. Right now I'm installing Catalina, I'll let you know if everything works once I'm logged in. Very appreciate it. One last question, let's say I buy an RX 580 or something, could it work with the same EFI? (what I mean by that is having both RTX and 580 connected, and use the 580 plugged in while in macOS and RTX2070 while in Windows (of course, switching the display connection when switching OS))

Thanks again!!

Wow Thanks, it actually worked. Right now I'm installing Catalina, I'll let you know if everything works once I'm logged in. Very appreciate it. One last question, let's say I buy an RX 580 or something, could it work with the same EFI? (what I mean by that is having both RTX and 580 connected, and use the 580 plugged in while in macOS and RTX2070 while in Windows (of course, switching the display connection when switching OS))

Thanks again!!

It might be... This is yet another thing that I've never tried... But I'm willing to give it a shot...

Let me know when you have the hardware and I'll try to construct an EFI for you...

Question re: upgrading to an AMD 5500 series graphics card.

Any opinions on or experiences with this new card? Prices seem great, also it appears to provide just what I want - mid-level gfx performance with low current/heat/noise costs.

Also - @pastrychef - what EFI mods might be required? Am currently using stock Intel HD 630 graphics.

Thanks!

Question re: upgrading to an AMD 5500 series graphics card.

Any opinions on or experiences with this new card? Prices seem great, also it appears to provide just what I want - mid-level gfx performance with low current/heat/noise costs.

Also - @pastrychef - what EFI mods might be required? Am currently using stock Intel HD 630 graphics.

Thanks!

Assuming you are using the latest EFI folder from post #1, you should just need to change system definition from iMac18,1 to iMac18,3, iMac19,1, or iMacPro1,1. Either of those three should work fine (IGPU should be disabled in BIOS if you use iMacPro1,1). Then plug in the 5500 XT and you should be done.

I also feel the specs for the 5500 XT look really good. I'm waiting to see some hackintosh benchmark results.

Last edited:
hardware encoding support issue.

hey, @pastrychef.
I just realized that hardware encoding support is reported disabled in MacX Video Converter. Any idea why that would be?

iGPU + dGPU is set in BIOS. my SMBIOS is set to 18.3. I'm running 9900K with Radeon VII and benchmarks well in geekbench, openCL, unigine heaven/valley so its realy just for the video encoding the issue.

I'll double check is my Vega64 shows the same but I think so since video editing was sluggish compared to what it should be like. It took me 2 months to realised it's caused my this most likely.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.5 KB · Views: 71
  • EFI.zip
    37.2 MB · Views: 152
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 1.23.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 1.23.08 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
hardware encoding support issue.

hey, @pastrychef.
I just realized that hardware encoding support is reported disabled in MacX Video Converter. Any idea why that would be?

iGPU + dGPU is set in BIOS. my SMBIOS is set to 18.3. I'm running 9900K with Radeon VII and benchmarks well in geekbench, openCL, unigine heaven/valley so its realy just for the video encoding the issue.

I'll double check is my Vega64 shows the same but I think so since video editing was sluggish compared to what it should be like. It took me 2 months to realised it's caused my this most likely.

You're not using my EFI folder... You have NoVPAJpeg.kext installed. That thing disables hardware acceleration.

In BIOS, is your Radeon VII set to be primary display?

I also see nvram.plist in your EFI folder. Do you have emulated NVRAM and/or RC scripts running?

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 3.31.49 PM.png

Back