Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I had to RMA my RAM and am currently running on 8GB of very cheap RAM. It's interesting to see how much of a difference RAM makes to Geekbench scores.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 7.57.09 AM.png

As per the forum rules, please fill out your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU information so it's easier for others to help you.

When you boot in to macOS with your clean install, are you getting acceleration from your video card?

No, I just installed the clover bootloader installation with multibeast as the official guide says.

No, I just installed the clover bootloader installation with multibeast as the official guide says.

If you are not getting acceleration, it's essentially the same as nv_disable=1 where the Nvidia web drivers are not being used.

Try installing the Nvidia web drivers on the Clover installation and see if they work.

If you are not getting acceleration, it's essentially the same as nv_disable=1 where the Nvidia web drivers are not being used.

Try installing the Nvidia web drivers on the Clover installation and see if they work.

Maybe I explained myself wrong, I installed the clover and Nvidia drivers (not using your EFI folder and the system starts with Nvidia drivers) the same does not happen with your EFI folder.

Maybe I explained myself wrong, I installed the clover and Nvidia drivers (not using your EFI folder and the system starts with Nvidia drivers) the same does not happen with your EFI folder.

Are you getting acceleration with the Clover installation?

Are you getting acceleration with the Clover installation?

Sorry I'm new to the hackintosh world.

For acceleration do you intend to install WhateverGreen?
For now I have only seen that the drivers are recognized and macOS starts with the right resolution.

Sorry I'm new to the hackintosh world.

For acceleration do you intend to install WhateverGreen?
For now I have only seen that the drivers are recognized and macOS starts with the right resolution.

What do you see in System Information > Graphics/Display? Next to Metal, does it say supported?

What do you see in System Information > Graphics/Display? Next to Metal, does it say supported?

Yes, with my EFI folder, in my EFI folder I just entered Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

With your folder, however, I have problems with booting.
Info.png

Attachments

• A4t0n10 EFI.zip
    21.1 MB · Views: 70
Yes, with my EFI folder, in my EFI folder I just entered Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

With your folder, however, I have problems with booting.View attachment 370327

I don't know what can prevent booting. The only thing related to Nvidia is nvda_drv=1.

I don't know what can prevent booting. The only thing related to Nvidia is nvda_drv=1.

I tried to remove nvda_drv=1 from boot (with your EFI) but I still have problems.

Thanks anyway. If you have any other advice or ideas, I will be grateful.

Back