Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

what happened to video hardware acceleration? it seems that HVEC has been lost ... at least to me

All seems fine here... Remember to spoof 8th gen ig-platform-id if you are using 9th gen CPU.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 3.44.12 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 3.45.04 PM.png

4K is great. Just try to avoid using a 4K monitor with HDMI.

Apple dropped support for a lot of audio-ids with Mojave. The ones that affect the Z370-G are 1 and 3. This is why I made the switch from 1 to 2. However, AppleALC has workarounds for the audio-ids that were dropped. That's why, for example, audio-id 1 still works.
A question about the DP ports on my Gigabyte Radeon RX580 8gb GPU. The card has two DP ports, is there a difference in performance between the two, is there a reason to use one over the other?

A question about the DP ports on my Gigabyte Radeon RX580 8gb GPU. The card has two DP ports, is there a difference in performance between the two, is there a reason to use one over the other?

None that I'm aware of.

more and more disappointing ... one more step back ... the render time in fcpx increased by 15% ...

Are you spoofing 8th gen ig-platform-id?

Please see the last picture in this post.

Are you spoofing 8th gen ig-platform-id?
Please see the last picture in this post.

it seems to be a solution, but if I want or have a hack with Imac Pro smbios do what? how do I trick it? I think this is just a compromise solution ..
and in geekbenchmark I find only vega but not intel hd?

it seems to be a solution, but if I want or have a hack with Imac Pro smbios do what? how do I trick it? I think this is just a compromise solution ...

I don't know how to fix it if you are using iMacPro1,1 system definition.

View attachment 370406
macOS Mojave 10.14.2 up and running here. Smooth upgrade. System restarts itself twice.

For Intel 9th gen CPU users, IGPU still needs to spoof 8th gen ig-platform-id.
Did you update Clover to v4774 before 10.14.2 update?

Did you update Clover to v4774 before 10.14.2 update?

I'm on the latest Clover, but I don't think it's essential. If you look at the changelog, most of the stuff being done lately are to improve the boot menu.

I'm on the latest Clover, but I don't think it's essential. If you look at the changelog, most of the stuff being done lately are to improve the boot menu.
Well, the 10.14.2 update just bricked my hack! Can't even use "Boot from Recovery" Apple progress bar stops at about 10% then the screen goes dark.

CAn't even enter BIOS!

Last edited:
Back