Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I have been eyeing a new 4k monitor for a while. My Nixeus 2k is over 5 years. The LG 27UK850-W 27" 4K UHD IPS Monitor is
99% AdobeRGB. This is important in the photo business when doing a lot of printing. Based on what you and @mm2margaret have been discussing about 4k monitors and MacOs, should I avoid 4k monitors?

No! In fact, get one with HDR, if you can.....get a 32" inch if you can....

Yeah. I think I would return the monitor too... I know how much of a pain it is, I've done it before...

myairbridge should be free... I use it quite often. But, yeah, google drive or one drive is fine too. I want to see if it's anything I've seen before.

Let me see if I can get this to work......try this.....https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZhXHsj82m7-FhVGSqo4ViBnwx1PDva0a/view?usp=sharing

and be patient....the worst happens at the end of the video.....on HDMI, this just keeps happening over and over again and again....

No! In fact, get one with HDR, if you can.....
LG 27UK850-W is HDR. All of a sudden I don't have sound, it was working a couple of hours ago! Stuff never stops

Ok, "Someone", not mentioning any names ;) on this thread stated that Mojave "Audio>Inject 1 and 3" were no longer working, so I change it to Audio>inject>2. Guess what? No sound on this hack with "2". I set Audio>inject back to "1", now I have sound again. :)

Last edited:
LG 27UK850-W is HDR. All of a sudden I don't have sound, it was working a couple of hours ago! Stuff never stops

Ok, "Someone", not mentioning any names ;) on this thread stated that Mojave "Audio>Inject 1 and 3" were no longer working, so I change it to Audio>inject>2. Guess what? No sound on this hack with "2". I set Audio>inject back to "1", now I have sound again. :)

But, don't you still have a Gigabyte motherboard? And weren't the recommendations related to the special ALC chip on the Z370 boards (which is different from the ALC chip on the Gigabyte boards)?

Weird. I would love to know how you managed to populate System Information > PCI without the use of DSDT or SSDT files...

The USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are on a separate controller. My guess is that it's treated almost like a USB 3.1 gen 2 PCI-e card where it is pretty much turned off when the computer goes to sleep whereas the motherboard USB is still partially working.

I literally did nothing. Just got new GPU, and got the latest OSx update which I think is not related...
Here is my EFI maybe it will help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 171
But, don't you still have a Gigabyte motherboard? And weren't the recommendations related to the special ALC chip on the Z370 boards (which is different from the ALC chip on the Gigabyte boards)?
You are correct, go figure. It's not like this hack has been acting in a "normal" manner :rolleyes:

after u upgrade your cpu to i9-9900k,its that possible to enable IGPU on motherboard on mojave 10.14.1

I have been eyeing a new 4k monitor for a while. My Nixeus 2k is over 5 years. The LG 27UK850-W 27" 4K UHD IPS Monitor is
99% AdobeRGB. This is important in the photo business when doing a lot of printing. Based on what you and @mm2margaret have been discussing about 4k monitors and MacOs, should I avoid 4k monitors?

4K is great. Just try to avoid using a 4K monitor with HDMI.

Ok, "Someone", not mentioning any names ;) on this thread stated that Mojave "Audio>Inject 1 and 3" were no longer working, so I change it to Audio>inject>2. Guess what? No sound on this hack with "2". I set Audio>inject back to "1", now I have sound again.

Apple dropped support for a lot of audio-ids with Mojave. The ones that affect the Z370-G are 1 and 3. This is why I made the switch from 1 to 2. However, AppleALC has workarounds for the audio-ids that were dropped. That's why, for example, audio-id 1 still works.

I literally did nothing. Just got new GPU, and got the latest OSx update which I think is not related...
Here is my EFI maybe it will help.

I can't see anything there that can help populate your System Information > PCI section....

Btw, you should uncheck this:
Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 4.07.36 AM.png

Back