Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I use Vega 56 as primary and UHD630 headlessly for AirPlay and HEVC.
Audio is from ALC S1220A via AppleALC.kext.
I use an Intel X540-T2 10GBase-T PCI-e card.
vega dont have sound ? like nvidia ....so in big lines I've "read" your configuration...:)....

vega dont have sound ? like nvidia ....so in big lines I've "read" your configuration...:)....

You mean DiplayPort and/or HDMI audio? Yes, it has but I am not using it.

After updating to EFI 3.5, I suffer from a new problem. It wakes up immediately after sleep. I think my bluetooth is the main cause since if I remove it it works again.

I used to have this problem when I was using 15 port limit kexts. I switched to SSDT solution and everything worked fine before I upgraded. I am using SSDT for USB and disabled all the 15 port limit KextsToPatch. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

After updating to EFI 3.5, I suffer from a new problem. It wakes up immediately after sleep. I think my bluetooth is the main cause since if I remove it it works again.

I used to have this problem when I was using 15 port limit kexts. I switched to SSDT solution and everything worked fine before I upgraded. I am using SSDT for USB and disabled all the 15 port limit KextsToPatch. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Make sure you disable enough ports with uia_exclude= in config.plist.

Those of you who have been using my EFI folders, I'm looking for a little help... I'm trying to see if I can unify the Nvidia, AMD, and UHD630 EFIs in to a single release. If any of you have some time, please help test the attached EFI folder.

Remember to:
  • Copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, and UUID from your existing config.plist.
  • Copy/paste your Memory settings from your existing config.plist.
  • Backup your existing EFI folder!!!

I recommend that you put this EFI folder in to a USB flash drive and boot from it to test.

Please report any issues you may encounter. Particularly with graphics and audio.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• EFI Unifided 4.0b.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 249
Make sure you disable enough ports with uia_exclude= in config.plist.

Thanks for your reply. Problem solved after I find SSDT-USB.aml is not included after I do a copy-and-paste from r3.5... I put it back to ACPI/patched and everything works fine now.

I updated to BIOS 1002. All seems fine. As always, after updating, all BIOS settings will return to default settings and you will have redo them all.

Hi guys,
I'm having some issues with a slow mouse cursor. It's almost making OSX un-usable. I've read that it's potentially something to do with the Vega 64 cards?

Hi guys,
I'm having some issues with a slow mouse cursor. It's almost making OSX un-usable. I've read that it's potentially something to do with the Vega 64 cards?

Are you using HDMI? Have you tried DisplayPort or perhaps a different HDMI cable? Are you using a Dell 4K monitor?

Back