Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

You can use my EFI folder but you will have to create your own SSDT file for USB. The SSDT files are motherboard specific.

Without SSDT for USB, sleep may or may not work.

The type/speed of your RAM can have a pretty big impact on Geekbench scores. Your score seems about right for typical RAM speeds.
How can I do my ssdt file for usb?
Do you have a guide?link?

Thanks

How can I do my ssdt file for usb?
Do you have a guide?link?

Thanks

There are two guides. The both use slightly different methods to get the same thing done.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/#DetailedUSB
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

The first one maps out all your USB ports and uses a custom flag in config.plist to bring your USB port limit to 15 or less.

The second method only maps out the ports you intend to use.

Personally, I prefer and use the first method because I can easily make changes without having to redo the SSDT.

Last edited:
@pastrychef I was wondering how did you get heaven to see your vram? Mine only sees 256mb

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 19.28.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 19.28.43 PM.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 111
I didn't have to do anything. It was just recognized once the video card was plugged in.
Could I see your config file? Mine shows up in the bios about this Mac info but not heaven I also noticed my open late scores are low.

Could I see your config file? Mine shows up in the bios about this Mac info but not heaven I also noticed my open late scores are low.

All of my EFI folders are in post #1. You can try using one of them if you want. Just copy your serial, board serial, and UUID.

All of my EFI folders are in post #1. You can try using one of them if you want. Just copy your serial, board serial, and UUID.
I used your EFI R3 update file. It didnt change anything. everything works fine from your build. Just the Vega FE ram not showing up in some places.

I used your EFI R3 update file. It didnt change anything. everything works fine from your build. Just the Vega FE ram not showing up in some places.

Make a backup of your EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive. Then try removing WhateverGreen.kext. See if that makes any difference for you.

Edit:
You can also try using one of the SSDTs from here.

Last edited:
I think this is dependent upon the software you are using. If you want to force it to use your Nvidia card, you can just disable the IGPU in BIOS.

Enabling or disabling iGPU does not enable Nvidia CUDA hardware acceleration. Tried shiki bit 2 as well, with VDADecoderChecker, QuickTime, IINA and Adobe Media Encoder (CUDA and Metal).

From what I've read around, iGPU has to be on, so I suspect macOS now can only use Intel QSV to do hardware decoding/encoding, at least not working with Nvidia, especially Apple has not plan to support Nvidia. Not sure about Radeon. Maybe you can try it if interested.

Back