Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

No. First, you are using an Apple card so you shouldn't need to install any addition kexts or add any KextsToPatch. Second, the system doesn't even see the card as being installed. It's either a hardware issue or its a BIOS issue.
Next step is to pull the Wifi card, install it in the Z170 board to see if it works there. If not then I will know the answer. If it does then I'm stumped.

The thing I described you previously - long sleep results in hung machine in the morning, one monitor off, second on but displaying black, system not reacting to anything (mouse, keyboard) but reset button, fans full on.

Just a suggestion... Try disabling IGPU and see if sleep works better.

/Library/Extensions/ is the recommended location to install kexts. However, i put all my hackintosh kexts in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and have never had any problems. YMMV.

Sorry. I'm unfamiliar with Gigabyte motherboards. I've never owned one.

You can try Windows or Linux to see if Bluetooth is seen. If Windows or Linux sees it, you know it has to be a configuration issue on the hackintosh side.
I installed Windows and the bluetooth adapter doesn't show up in there as well.
So it's the adapter I suppose.
is there a working adapter for the Euro market that you can suggest?
Thanks a lot.

I installed Windows and the bluetooth adapter doesn't show up in there as well.
So it's the adapter I suppose.
is there a working adapter for the Euro market that you can suggest?
Thanks a lot.

The adaptor I have was purchased from the links in post #40. I purchased one from eBay and one from Amazon. The one from eBay was shipped from China and took forever to get delivered. Amazon delivery only took a day or two.

I will probably be purchasing another soon for an upcoming project and I will definitely go with Amazon.

Mine was purchased from Amazon and I confirm that was the issue.
I plugged in the DW1830 card this morning and bluetooth, after using the OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM kexts, works very well!
So at least here in Europe not all the Amazon adapters work as expected.
Thanks!

I have bought the same components for my build and I was following your tutorial but with fresh copy of 10.13.14 and I can't get it to boot after install.

So, I am wondering would it be possible to make a step by step guid on how to do fresh install of 10.13.14 with AMD GPU for dummies? It is hard to folow all that updates and GPU change... Maybe I am mising something, I don't know.

It would be very helpful. Thank you.

I have bought the same components for my build and I was following your tutorial but with fresh copy of 10.13.14 and I can't get it to boot after install.

So, I am wondering would it be possible to make a step by step guid on how to do fresh install of 10.13.14 with AMD GPU for dummies? It is hard to folow all that updates and GPU change... Maybe I am mising something, I don't know.

It would be very helpful. Thank you.

Where does it get stuck? You can try booting in verbose mode and taking a picture of the screen where it stops.

Depending on the version of software you used to create your USB installer flash drive, you may need delete a file from the USB installer flash drive. From a working Mac/hackintosh, plug in the USB installer and enter the following in Terminal:
Code:
rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia

I don't think a specific guide is needed for 10.13.4. I booted in to my USB installer using the method in post #1 without issues.

Hi,

Config

Since yesterday I'm trying to install Latest High Sierra with UniBeast 8.3.1.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to reach the installer because I'm stuck at Apple Boot logo.
(I followed your guide)

My BIOS was updated to the latest version...
Can you please help me ?

Hi,

Config

Since yesterday I'm trying to install Latest High Sierra with UniBeast 8.3.1.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to reach the installer because I'm stuck at Apple Boot logo.
(I followed your guide)

My BIOS was updated to the latest version...
Can you please help me ?

Please see post #1 again.

Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 5.20.05 AM.png

Back