Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I looked at the PCIe adapter and the BRC 94360CD card and I see nothing that is physically anomalous. Next, DPCIManager. Attached is info from Sys Info:

Those are screenshots from System Information... What do you see when you click on Network in the left pane of that window?

Download DPCIManager and see if that sees your Wi-Fi card.
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 4.16.48 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 2.49.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 2.49.59 PM.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 85
No. First, you are using an Apple card so you shouldn't need to install any addition kexts or add any KextsToPatch. Second, the system doesn't even see the card as being installed. It's either a hardware issue or its a BIOS issue.
Ok, first BIOS, where would I look (if that would be the first step). It worked the day before in the previous Z170 6500k system, so I am loath to go the route of bad hardware. Also, how would I know if it is the Wifi card or the adapter? (Just musing here, not challenging). I wish there was a way to determine if it is hardware. I paid $48.99 for it in 2015. Like every other piece of computer chip hardware, It has double (tripled?) in price.

Edit: The BIOS is to update, F5

Ok, first BIOS, where would I look (if that would be the first step). It worked the day before in the previous Z170 6500k system, so I am loath to go the route of bad hardware. Also, how would I know if it is the Wifi card or the adapter? (Just musing here, not challenging). I wish there was a way to determine if it is hardware. I paid $48.99 for it in 2015. Like every other piece of computer chip hardware, It has double (tripled?) in price.

Edit: The BIOS is to update, F5

I really don't know. I have never messed with a Gigabyte BIOS and I can't find the manual to your motherboard model online.

On my BIOS, it's under Advanced/Onboard Devices Configuration.

I think SSDT should include red ports as well with connector type set to 9 or 10, as the other post shows, but I don't know how to code it since it's under RP05 instead of XCH14. It's even harder to read the full ACPI specs...maybe just leave it there.

Confirmation from RehabMan that the 15 port limit is "per USB controller".

So, no, the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports should NOT be included in the SSDT.

@pastrychef That thing happened tonight again and it looked exactly the same way. Any thoughts on what logs I could check to look for the culprit?

@pastrychef That thing happened tonight again and it looked exactly the same way. Any thoughts on what logs I could check to look for the culprit?

Which thing happened? Unable to wake? I don't know what to look for in the log. Have you tried using VNC to connect to the computer when the monitor doesn't wake?

Which thing happened? Unable to wake? I don't know what to look for in the log. Have you tried using VNC to connect to the computer when the monitor doesn't wake?
The thing I described you previously - long sleep results in hung machine in the morning, one monitor off, second on but displaying black, system not reacting to anything (mouse, keyboard) but reset button, fans full on.

The thing I described you previously - long sleep results in hung machine in the morning, one monitor off, second on but displaying black, system not reacting to anything (mouse, keyboard) but reset button, fans full on.

I don't know what to look for in the logs. I think it's best to start a new thread in the Graphics sub-forum to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Back