Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Just a suggestion... Try disabling IGPU and see if sleep works better.
I did try that. I didn't seem to help, as today during a relatively short sleep the machine was hung again. What's worse, after the reboot it seems I have lost the BT completely, even though I still do have perfectly working WiFi, so it's not the card. The BT icon on the top bar is greyed out with a wave on it, and when I move the mouse to it (had to use USB mouse and keyboard to log in and type this) it says 'Bluetooth: Not Available'. Sigh... What do I do about it now?

I did try that. I didn't seem to help, as today during a relatively short sleep the machine was hung again. What's worse, after the reboot it seems I have lost the BT completely, even though I still do have perfectly working WiFi, so it's not the card. The BT icon on the top bar is greyed out with a wave on it, and when I move the mouse to it (had to use USB mouse and keyboard to log in and type this) it says 'Bluetooth: Not Available'. Sigh... What do I do about it now?

I'm starting to think your motherboard might be defective.

I think I disabled it. I will try it again later.
Thank you.

Aso, remember, when using the SSDT, USBInjectAll.kext must be installed. The SSDT does nothing without that kext.

Does anyone else have kernel panic when trying to shutdown ?
My build reboot when I shut it down...
Thank you in advance for your support.

Does anyone else have kernel panic when trying to shutdown ?
My build reboot when I shut it down...
Thank you in advance for your support.

I've never seen a kernel panic when trying to shut down.

FixShutdown should be enabled in your config.plist. That's how I have it set in all of my EFI folders. This should fix the reboot on shutdown.

Aso, remember, when using the SSDT, USBInjectAll.kext must be installed. The SSDT does nothing without that kext.
Thank you! All USB ports (except those disabled usb 2.0) work.
I think I forgot to install the usbinjectall.kext last time.

@pastrychef

One more noob question -

I'd like to use magic trackpad.
As far as I understand I have to buy those two thing to make it work like plug in play -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHRJVXW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L6YWGXW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you!

Yes, you will need those two items plus longer pigtail antennas like the following:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-IPEX-MH...410686?hash=item3aca7ecc7e:g:GNwAAOSwIgNXtopk

I
I'm starting to think your motherboard might be defective.
I have upgraded the BIOS to the latest one and haven't noticed that it lost most of my BIOS configs in the result of the upgrade. I have re-applied the settings and my BT is back, suddenly, so I think there's something in the generic settings that stops BT from working. I have also notices, that tonight my machine has survived the sleep. We will see how it will behave today.

I have also noticed while reapplying the BIOS settings, that there is USB configuration that I think allows turning off particular USB ports one by one, identified by their numbers. Have you seen it? Wouldn't it be a better solution than loading USBInjectAll kext and applying SDTD patches? I would've think the more OOB and the less kexts and patches, the better.

Back