Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Mine doesn't restart. It just sits there with no signal going to monitor and I can't even VNC in to the system.

This only happens for me with my Radeon VII. Everything runs perfectly with my Vega 56 or RX 560.

Ok, I solved my problem after sleep by removing the com.apple.PowerManagement* files from library/preferences.
Credits goes to @itwas, i found it browsing the TonyMac forums.

Ok, I solved my problem after sleep by removing the com.apple.PowerManagement* files from library/preferences.
Credits goes to @itwas, i found it browsing the TonyMac forums.

My Radeon VII saga continues...

Today, it stopped outputting any video at all from power up. I can't even see the motherboard splash screen.

Took a bit of screaming but I got another RMA and I have to wait once again.

I'm pretty sure my sleep/wake issues were due to another lemon of a Radeon VII...

What BIOS? I have BIOS ver. 2401. I have a problem (reboot - stress test or ramdome) Maybe downgrade BIOS?
9900K/ Asus Z370 ...

What bios? I have BIOS ver. 2401. I have a problem (reboot - stress test or ramdome) Maybe downgrade BIOS?
9900K/ Asus Z370 ...

I am also on BIOS 2401. My system is very stable.

I have never tried downgrading BIOS and don't know how to do it on this motherboard.

Also, please update your profile to show motherboard, CPU, and GPU.

Hi pastrychef, I have a problem with audio, I'm using the lime-green jack on the back of the motherboard and since yesterday it doesn't work anymore ... weird crashes (I tried with windows and it's ok). I would try to restore only the audio, is this possible?

Hi pastrychef, I have a problem with audio, I'm using the lime-green jack on the back of the motherboard and since yesterday it doesn't work anymore ... weird crashes (I tried with windows and it's ok). I would try to restore only the audio, is this possible?

Audio shouldn't just stop working... Are you sure the correct output is selected in System Preferences > Sound?

What kind of crashes are you getting? Do you have any crash logs?

If you knew what is causing the crashes, it's possible to try and use Time Machine of you can try running the macOS Combo Update.

Audio shouldn't just stop working... Are you sure the correct output is selected in System Preferences > Sound?

What kind of crashes are you getting? Do you have any crash logs?

If you knew what is causing the crashes, it's possible to try and use Time Machine of you can try running the macOS Combo Update.
The output turned into headphones and I don't know why it happened and it doesn't work anyway.
I have no time machine

The output turned into headphones and I don't know why it happened and it doesn't work anyway.
I have no time machine

For the green connector on the rear of the motherboard, you should use "Internal Speakers".

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 4.50.47 AM.png

If you think something is corrupt in macOS, you can try installing the macOS Combo Update.

Back