Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yep, mine has frozen during a long sleep as well now :( Turning sleep off until a fix is found

Wow. You are the first person I've seen other than myself to report this.

Yes, if you disable sleep, the Radeon VII works beautifully. Great performance (~10.5 seconds for BruceX). Extremely quiet. Consumes less power than my Vega 56 at idle and under load.

Last edited:
Yep, mine has frozen during a long sleep as well now :( Turning sleep off until a fix is found
Check your BIOS and make sure your internal graphics card is disabled.

pastrychef did you try using AirPlay2 on your hackintosh with TV? I have tested it with my build and MBP2013 and on hackintosh stream is very choppy (like 15fps). On MBP2013 it's perfectly smooth after 30s. I'm using cable connection to my router. Maybe I need WiFi connection?

Check your BIOS and make sure your internal graphics card is disabled.
Yes, on all counts
Deleted the Power management plist files in Library/preferences and all seems OK again :)

pastrychef did you try using AirPlay2 on your hackintosh with TV? I have tested it with my build and MBP2013 and on hackintosh stream is very choppy (like 15fps). On MBP2013 it's perfectly smooth after 30s. I'm using cable connection to my router. Maybe I need WiFi connection?

I have not tried AirPlay 2.

I have fixed Airplay by changing smbios to 19,1 (problem was with iGPU encode)

Last edited:
I spent the last few days in Windows doing a bit of gaming on my Radeon VII. When I came back to macOS, wake was once again broken!! :banghead:

I tried to reproduced what fixed it last time and have been unable to. I even updated BIOS to 2401 and still no go...

As much as I really like the Radeon VII, I have my Vega 56 back in because I need working sleep/wake in macOS.

Something happened with my wake as well. When waking up from sleep, the computer will restart after a few seconds and then tell me it had to shut down. I am dual booting as well but with the RX580 Nitro+.

Last edited:
Something happened with my wake as well. When waking up from sleep, the computer will restart after a few seconds and then tell me it had to shut down. I am dual booting as well but with the RX580 Nitro+.

Mine doesn't restart. It just sits there with no signal going to monitor and I can't even VNC in to the system.

This only happens for me with my Radeon VII. Everything runs perfectly with my Vega 56 or RX 560.

Which settings are you using for your RX560? or just WEG?

I didn't change any settings. I just plugged it in and it worked. Yes, WhateverGreen was installed.

Back