Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi again guys, I have been away for a while because of the job!

Finally I got a normal Installation! I finally used this post EFI folder https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bazookamac-1-0-i5-8400-h370m-bazooka-vega-56.266512/page-2

and with my BIOs downgraded to ,10 version it works!

Now I have some question about GPU sensors (temperature, Core Clock and Memory Clock using iStats Menu (I also did with a terminal command, same results):
- Sometimes, they are with 45-55-65º depend on applications/games and , other times I can see so low parameters... is this right or not? (screenshoots)

Another question. I bought a WIFI PCI-Express wifi: This one:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

But my Hackintosh doesn't recognise it (in amazon link you can see is an abwb Apple bcm943602cs that should be recognise natively.

I bought a second hand wifi PCI- Express card (last picture). They told me it was an original Mac Pro wifi card. He was using it in his own Mac and I could see how it was working, but unfortunately after installing it in my computer it doesn't work neither.

Maybe my PCI express is not working right? should I do some kext installations?

Thank you about your help guys!

It's normal for the GPU temperatures to fluctuate based on usage.

This card is a very old card. It looks like a mini-PCI card and doesn't even support 802.11ac. It is most definitely NOT a BRCM94360CS2. I've never seen a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card with so much hot glue holding everything together. Apple may have already dropped support for this card if they ever even supported it.

It's normal for the GPU temperatures to fluctuate based on usage.

This card is a very old card. It looks like a mini-PCI card and doesn't even support 802.11ac. It is most definitely NOT a BRCM94360CS2. I've never seen a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card with so much hot glue holding everything together. Apple may have already dropped support for this card if they ever even supported it.

Thank about the reply,

About temperatures I know they must fluctuate, I was a little bit worried about clock and memory speeds, they are usually low, but I don't know if this is normal. Also my fan speed are not working usually (for example now, 46º and they are stop, is it normal?

What do you think about the other card? I just bought in amazon, but it is not recognised neither. Should I do buy other one? Www Should I try to configure anything about PCI slots? (don't know if this is even necessary or possible).

Thank you about your support!

Thank about the reply,

About temperatures I know they must fluctuate, I was a little bit worried about clock and memory speeds, they are usually low, but I don't know if this is normal. Also my fan speed are not working usually (for example now, 46º and they are stop, is it normal?

What do you think about the other card? I just bought in amazon, but it is not recognised neither. Should I do buy other one? Www Should I try to configure anything about PCI slots? (don't know if this is even necessary or possible).

Thank you about your support!

The fan should slow down again once the Vega is cool enough.

The Justop card and adaptor should work. Wi-Fi should be plug-n-play. Bluetooth will require properly functioning USB.

The fan should slow down again once the Vega is cool enough.

The Justop card and adaptor should work. Wi-Fi should be plug-n-play. Bluetooth will require properly functioning USB.

OK Thank you, is not working. I will give back to amazon and I will buy other model. I saw one in alliexpress:

Would you recommend me?

Should I get usb bluetooth and ethernet cable for internet?

OK Thank you, is not working. I will give back to amazon and I will buy other model. I saw one in alliexpress:

View attachment 385159

Would you recommend me?

Should I get usb bluetooth and ethernet cable for internet?

I like the one you have now from Amazon because it uses an Apple branded card. What is not working? Wi-Fi? Bluetooth? Both?

Wi-Fi should work as long as your PCI-e slots are working.

Check System Information > USB to see if the Bluetooth is seen there. Make sure your USB ports are working right.

Try booting in to Windows to see if the card is seen in Windows.

I like the one you have now from Amazon because it uses an Apple branded card. What is not working? Wi-Fi? Bluetooth? Both?

Wi-Fi should work as long as your PCI-e slots are working.

Check System Information > USB to see if the Bluetooth is seen there. Make sure your USB ports are working right.

Try booting in to Windows to see if the card is seen in Windows.

Wifi is not working, and bluetooth is recognise but, when try to search my magickeboard It does not appear.

Should I just replace it for other one?

I don't know why is not working wifi neither (not recognise)

Wifi is not working, and bluetooth is recognise but, when try to search my magickeboard It does not appear.

Should I just replace it for other one?

I don't know why is not working wifi neither (not recognise)

Did you try booting in to Windows or Linux to see if the Wi-Fi is seen? Have you tried another PCI-e slot?

Make sure your USB is correctly configured. Whichever port you connect the Bluetooth to, it should be configured to 255.

So I decided to give Vega a shot. Just ordered Airboost 64 from Amazon. If I won't like it I can always return it.
The price for new MSI Vega 56 Airboost is $399 while for MSI Airboost Vega 64 they as $409

Back