Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ok, this is interesting. I used your efi but replaced your config with this config(attached) from the efi I downloaded from the link I provided before. It booted. So apparently the config is causing the kernel panic. I'm not advance enough to figure the difference between these two config and figure what setting is causing the problem. I wonder if you can help me investigate this. Although I can boot from this config combine with your efi, I can imagine someone else would have the same problem and I would like to contribute to this board too.

Try adding these to see if it makes a difference.

Chef,

What is the noise level of your airboost on idle?

Alright, thanks!!

I can hear it if the fan ramps up, but by then, the sounds from whatever game I'm playing drowns it out.

I can hear it if the fan ramps up, but by then, the sounds from whatever game I'm playing drowns it out.
I spend a lot of time coding and studying in complete silence and I need it to be silent on idle.
During gaming - I can handle it while noise is monotonic...
My 2080ti didn't have full fan speed stop function and one of the fans was giving some weird low frequency sound so I had a headache...

Now I'm looking on vega 56 Airboost/Pulse (2 fans)/gigabyte... or rx580, it is completely silent but the performance level is not that great.

I spend a lot of time coding and studying in complete silence and I need it to be silent on idle.
During gaming - I can handle it while noise is monotonic...
My 2080ti didn't have full fan speed stop function and one of the fans was giving some weird low frequency sound so I had a headache...

Now I'm looking on vega 56 Airboost/Pulse (2 fans)/gigabyte... or rx580, it is completely silent but the performance level is not that great.

Others have stated that they are able to keep the Vega 56 fans at very low rpm when the core and HBM are not overclocked. I have my HBM clocked at 120MHz above stock so I keep the fan at 900rpm at idle. Underclocking the core can further help keep the card cool.

Others have stated that they are able to keep the Vega 56 fans at very low rpm when the core and HBM are not overclocked. I have my HBM clocked at 120MHz above stock so I keep the fan at 900rpm at idle. Underclocking the core can further help keep the card cool.

Oh, maybe I should consider buying used Airboost then.... it is a hell of a choice.
On the one hand Pulse is great card, but I don't know how it behaves, on the other hand Airboost, noisy by design but people could make it quiet.

Hi again guys, I have been away for a while because of the job!

Finally I got a normal Installation! I finally used this post EFI folder https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/bazookamac-1-0-i5-8400-h370m-bazooka-vega-56.266512/page-2

and with my BIOs downgraded to ,10 version it works!

Now I have some question about GPU sensors (temperature, Core Clock and Memory Clock using iStats Menu (I also did with a terminal command, same results):
- Sometimes, they are with 45-55-65º depend on applications/games and , other times I can see so low parameters... is this right or not? (screenshoots)

Another question. I bought a WIFI PCI-Express wifi: This one:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

But my Hackintosh doesn't recognise it (in amazon link you can see is an abwb Apple bcm943602cs that should be recognise natively.

I bought a second hand wifi PCI- Express card (last picture). They told me it was an original Mac Pro wifi card. He was using it in his own Mac and I could see how it was working, but unfortunately after installing it in my computer it doesn't work neither.

Maybe my PCI express is not working right? should I do some kext installations?

Thank you about your help guys!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-02-03 a las 13.18.35.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-02-03 a las 13.18.35.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-02-05 a las 16.50.29.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-02-05 a las 16.50.29.png
    266.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 61HWPQxWLTL._SL1000_.jpg
    61HWPQxWLTL._SL1000_.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 67
  • 1bWjVEuIST+iA2PIQZ83wQ.jpg