Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Finally some progress, i can see the remaining time now on the Apple boot screen

Is it safe to assume that everything is working well now?

@pastrychef using the vgtab, with stock cooling, which fan speed you recommend? or which settings you recommend? Thanks.
@pastrychef using the vgtab, with stock cooling, which fan speed you recommend? or which settings you recommend? Thanks.

If you don't want to mess with undervolting and/or overclocking, I think the following should be good:
Idle speed = 900
Target speed = 3000
Target temperature = 55
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 6.38.14 AM.png
If you want to try, I think most Vega 56 cards should be able to be safely undervolted by 100mV without causing any adverse effects. Try setting "Core Voltage" to 1100 for P7.

If you find it unstable, you can always run the VGTab utility again to create a new kext and set it back to default.

Undervolting can help lower temperatures a little.
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 6.43.10 AM.png

One thing I noticed this morning is that one of my case fans stops spinning as soon as the OS boots up. I have CHASSIS1 fan and CHASSIS2 fan configured exactly the same in the bios, yet the CHASSIS2 fan stops spinning when the OS is up. While I'm in the bios (or in Windows for that matter) the fan works as expected so I suspect it has something to do with the OS itself.

Anyone else seen this?

One thing I noticed this morning is that one of my case fans stops spinning as soon as the OS boots up. I have CHASSIS1 fan and CHASSIS2 fan configured exactly the same in the bios, yet the CHASSIS2 fan stops spinning when the OS is up. While I'm in the bios (or in Windows for that matter) the fan works as expected so I suspect it has something to do with the OS itself.

Anyone else seen this?

All my fans run fine.

Found an odd post that says you need to set your fans to PWM (even though they are DC). Weird, I'll check tonight and see if it fixes it.

Sure enough, setting the fans to PWM restores the non-working fan... despite being a non-pwm fan... :-/

@pastrychef I started with High Sierra, is the Mojave install as straightforward and are things working as well?

Sure enough, setting the fans to PWM restores the non-working fan... despite being a non-pwm fan... :-/

@pastrychef I started with High Sierra, is the Mojave install as straightforward and are things working as well?

Mojave has been extremely solid. I feel it's better than High Sierra.

The upgrade is easy and straight forward. Update to latest Clover and kexts, upgrade macOS.

Hello I finally got my computer back up and running after an agonizing 3 days I am currently running the i8700k build you created (before the update works incredibly well), and after some help in a different forum I finally got everything booted up and working, however now my audio isn't showing up, attached is the screen shot and my clover info, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• CLOVER MACHD VERSION.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 4.00.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 4.00.53 PM.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 63
Back