Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Did the installation finish?

It says something about a serial port but your motherboard shouldn't have any serial ports...

Yeah i think it did, it restarted to the apple loading screen. I have set PCIE as graphics on BIOS. Do i need any special flag to boot first time?

There's no new kexts needed.

Again, it's best to just use the SSDT and avoid having to keep up with all the KextsToPatches. It gets annoying really fast.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your Help :) i fixed it with the uia_exclude=" in config.plist > Boot > Custom Flags

Yeah i think it did, it restarted to the apple loading screen. I have set PCIE as graphics on BIOS. Do i need any special flag to boot first time?

If it rebooted to the Apple logo, at least the USB part should be done. It will probably still need to do some installing.

Make sure you have the BIOS settings as outlined in post #1.

If it rebooted to the Apple logo, at least the USB part should be done. It will probably still need to do some installing.

Make sure you have the BIOS settings as outlined in post #1.

Yeah maybe I try to reinstall... One thing I noticed I had to change to graphics only on bios in order to have the install screen show correctly otherwise it was a very small square on my monitor, is that normal?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qndl65dduimijmc/IMG_20190128_200125.jpg?dl=0

All those flags are good?

Yeah o copied the 4.5.3 actually, but for some reason i still see the clover 4428 i think, i had this problem before, i wasn't able to update clover, and maybe this is the reason. For Mojave which boot flags i should use?

Did the installation finish?

It says something about a serial port but your motherboard shouldn't have any serial ports...

Actually that board does have serial ports it is the same board that is in my GF hack. If it does not have the ports, it at a minimum has the setting to turn them on and off in the bios. Pretty sure also that if I did not disable them, the system would have issues booting.

Last edited:
Yeah o copied the 4.5.3 actually, but for some reason i still see the clover 4428 i think, i had this problem before, i wasn't able to update clover, and maybe this is the reason. For Mojave which boot flags i should use?

1. Just open your current config.plist.
  2. Copy the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.
  3. Download the new EFI folder.
  4. Open the config.plist of the new EFI folder.
  5. Paste in the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.
  6. Replace your old EFI folder with the new one.

Last edited:
Just open your current config.plist.
Copy the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.
Download the new EFI folder.
Open the config.plist of the new EFI folder.
Paste in the Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.
Replace your old EFI folder with the new one.

The problem is i no longer have access to that partition/disk :/

The problem is i no longer have access to that partition/disk :/

That's not possible. It has to boot from that partition.

You can also just download the new EFI and put it on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from that.

Launch Terminal and enter:
Code:
diskutil list

Back