Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Personally, I feel that loss of native NVRAM is the biggest issue for Z390.
I think you are wrong or we rushed to draw conclusions ... I have found a method not to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and everything to go...
a small recapitulation
1. shutdown / restart - it works
2. sleep / wake - it works
3. Audio S1220 - It works
4 . accelerate video hardware - works

have I omitted anything with the question mark?

aaa.... yes, no wifi + bt ... but someone may be found o solution for this ... for me this is biggest issue ... I use now a BT usb adaptor and dont have in bios keyboard or trackpad from apple ... I have on board RTL 8822BE and for now I dont find any solution to make it work ...

Last edited:
Is there any update on Z390 motherboards?
There are quite some interesting boards from Gigabyte that can run the i9 9900K.

- Audio
- Sleep
- WiFi
- Bluetooth

I'm testing an Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming and Bluetooth works OOB. Not WiFi.

Thanks

Did you mean your Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming had working Bluetooth out of box?
How's its NVRAM btw? It sleep, restart, etc working?
Thanks!

I think you are wrong or we rushed to draw conclusions ... I have found a method not to use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and everything to go...
a small recapitulation

aaa.... yes, no wifi + bt ... but someone may be found o solution for this ... for me this is biggest issue ... I use now a BT usb adaptor and dont have in bios keyboard or trackpad from apple ... I have on board RTL 8822BE and for now I dont find any solution to make it work ...

Native NVRAM is working for you?

a small recapitulation

Which motherboard were you describing? ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)?

I found on Asus website that hero XI has Intel Wireless-AC 9560, not the Realtek one you were talking about. Did you replace it or...?
no replace ... this I found on motherboard slot ... asus wi-fi go and label on it say rtl 8822be ... no BT , no wifi ...

Did you mean your Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming had working Bluetooth out of box?
How's its NVRAM btw? It sleep, restart, etc working?
Thanks!
Yes BT OOB.
WiFi doesn't work. I add IOReg here.

Native NVRam doesn't work as it doesn't emulated. No sleep. Yes Shut Down and Reboot.
No Audio OOB but haven't looked into it really.
It has "ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A"

Attachments

• Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming.ioreg.zip
    550.9 KB · Views: 62
Dear pastrychef
.... a curiosity ... now that you passed to 9-9900K we elderly of 8700K we will be abandoned to sad fate?

Back