Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

no replace ... this I found on motherboard slot ... asus wi-fi go and label on it say rtl 8822be ... no BT , no wifi ...
You said you have no EmuvariableUefi and to make sleep wake work.
What configuration are you using to achieve that?

Errata corrige.
Audio works pretty much OOB.
I must have just updated Clover to the latest ver. 4769

Still Sleep/Wake issue
Also I dropped in a Quadro P1000 but I'm unable to get H265 hardware acceleration.
H264 Hardware Acceleration with discrete GPU works but
H265 Hardware Acceleration with discrete GPU DOES NOT works

@pastrychef
Are you sure your implementation has both H264 and H265 Quick Synch hardware acceleration?
Did you test with VideoProc.app

Thanks.

Errata corrige.
Audio works pretty much OOB.
I must have just updated Clover to the latest ver. 4769

Still Sleep/Wake issue
Also I dropped in a Quadro P1000 but I'm unable to get H265 hardware acceleration.
H264 Hardware Acceleration with discrete GPU works but
H265 Hardware Acceleration with discrete GPU DOES NOT works

@pastrychef
Are you sure your implementation has both H264 and H265 Quick Synch hardware acceleration?
Did you test with VideoProc.app

Thanks.
look ... Screenshot 2018-11-25 at 12.24.00.png

Yes BT OOB.
WiFi doesn't work. I add IOReg here.

Native NVRam doesn't work as it doesn't emulated. No sleep. Yes Shut Down and Reboot.
No Audio OOB but haven't looked into it really.
It has "ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A"

what chipset have you ? intel or realtek ?

Dear pastrychef
.... a curiosity ... now that you passed to 9-9900K we elderly of 8700K we will be abandoned to sad fate?

CPU doesn't matter. I'm still on the same motherboard.

All the Z370 motherboards are very similar. Most of the time, the same EFI folder will work across the board with the exception of the SSDT for USB.

i do not know what to believe ... the test does not pass it ... it does not return the variable introduced in nvram, but the list shows me a few other variables ...

If you save something to NVRAM and then it does not re-appear after a reboot, chances are that native NVRAM isn't working.

Hi,
I'm finding a little problem on sleep/wake. If I click on sleep it works wonderfully, a little touch of a mouse and it restarts everything perfectly. But if I absent the automatic sleep/wake (at the moment it is set to 10 minutes) only the monitor is darkened but the PC is always on.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hi,
I'm finding a little problem on sleep/wake. If I click on sleep it works wonderfully, a little touch of a mouse and it restarts everything perfectly. But if I absent the automatic sleep/wake (at the moment it is set to 10 minutes) only the monitor is darkened but the PC is always on.

Your EFI seems fine. Not sure what's preventing sleep...

Please try entering the following in to Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g assertions

Back