Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I got a problem when awake from sleep, there is no sound output, do you have the same issue?

You need to add the RAM info in to your config.plist or it will not see all your RAM.

Edit:
If Clover Configurator is corrupting your config.plist, you can use Xcode.

It's definitely purely cosmetic, as
Code:
sysctl -a |  grep hw.memsize

shows up a full amount of memory.

I recently went through all the Kexts and updated them to their latest version. After this I had reboots on sleep. I have reverted back to the kexts in your EFI. I was wondering, is there a way to see which one(s) were the problem. Or do you know which kext is most likely to affect sleep?

Update to the latest version of AppleALC.

Personally I have latest AppleALC and tried to remove Codec Commander. No luck, sound doesn't work after wake up on Layout 1, 5 or 7, even if the changelog says it contains Codec Commander fixes.

Last edited:
I recently went through all the Kexts and updated them to their latest version. After this I had reboots on sleep. I have reverted back to the kexts in your EFI. I was wondering, is there a way to see which one(s) were the problem. Or do you know which kext is most likely to affect sleep?

Try copying your Serial, Board Serial, UUID and pasting to the config.plist in one of my r3.2 EFI folders. Then use that EFI folder. All kexts have been updated.

Personally I have latest AppleALC and tried to remove Codec Commander. No luck, sound doesn't work after wake up on Layout 1, 5 or 7, even if the changelog says it contains Codec Commander fixes.

Strange. I just had to update to latest AppleALC.kext and remove CodecCommander and it works perfectly. I keep all my hackintosh kexts in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Hey, how are you doing? Thanks to this legendary build, I have enjoyed running several deep learning models these days at super fast speed.

Do you know any update on HDMI and DP audio since 10.13.4? My z370-g with GTX 1070 build is still broken with your latest EFI r3.2, although the onboard audio is working fine... I guess my AppleHDA is clean since 10.13.4. I installed nothing else except CodecCommander. (And now I have removed it :)

Another weird thing is I installed the lastest AppleALC, Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup in my GTX 960 build, where DP and HDMI audio worked just fine... Do you have any ideas why and what to do next?

Thank you :)

I don't have this problem at all. What are you using for audio? Is your build based on one of the EFI folders in post #1?
I use the built-in audio and I used your EFI folder for UHD630 (v3.1 at the time).

Back