Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks, should I disable nvda_dvr=1?

You can disable it if you are using your RX 560. Leave it if you are using Nvidia graphics.

You can disable it if you are using your RX 560. Leave it if you are using Nvidia graphics.
I'm using the RX560, thanks. Since GPU prices are going down now, I was thinking of upgrading to the RX570 and returning my RX560, would you recommend it?

I'm using the RX560, thanks. Since GPU prices are going down now, I was thinking of upgrading to the RX570 and returning my RX560, would you recommend it?

I can't say... I haven't read enough to make such a recommendation...

I can't say... I haven't read enough to make such a recommendation...

Ok, no problem. I’m installing the update now, hopefully it fixes my airdrop.

The boot times are better now but still no airdrop, even after the combo update.

Thanks SO much for this. My build is almost identical to yours and the build went smoothly.

What did not go smooth:

Newer versions of Clover seem to hose up the EFI boot partition on the Hackintosh...even if I'm conservative in changes. No matter the Clover setting, OS reverts to Mac nVidia drivers (instead of web drivers), and the NIC isn't seen. Copying the EFI partition from the 10.13.4 High Sierra USB installer to the EFI hackintosh boot partition seems to fix those issues.

I have 4x16 sticks of RAM, and the OS only sees 1/2 of it, but BIOS sees all of it. I presume, like you, this is purely cosmetic. I am hesitant to try and change this via Clover as any changes via CLover post install seem to result in the above issues.

Boot time is maybe 30-45 seconds or so, if I do this again I may forgo the APFS and do the HFS+J workaround.

I have not overclocked (yet) thinking about it.

Single Core: 5924
Multicore: 26443
OpenCL (1070): 149018

Thanks SO much for this. My build is almost identical to yours and the build went smoothly.

What did not go smooth:

Newer versions of Clover seem to hose up the EFI boot partition on the Hackintosh...even if I'm conservative in changes. No matter the Clover setting, OS reverts to Mac nVidia drivers (instead of web drivers), and the NIC isn't seen. Copying the EFI partition from the 10.13.4 High Sierra USB installer to the EFI hackintosh boot partition seems to fix those issues.

I have 4x16 sticks of RAM, and the OS only sees 1/2 of it, but BIOS sees all of it. I presume, like you, this is purely cosmetic. I am hesitant to try and change this via Clover as any changes via CLover post install seem to result in the above issues.

Boot time is maybe 30-45 seconds or so, if I do this again I may forgo the APFS and do the HFS+J workaround.

I have not overclocked (yet) thinking about it.

Single Core: 5924
Multicore: 26443
OpenCL (1070): 149018

If you are updating Clover via the Clover installer from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
then you will need to make sure you select the correct options.
Screen Shot 2018-04-29 at 5.33.52 PM.png

You need to add the RAM info in to your config.plist or it will not see all your RAM.

Edit:
If Clover Configurator is corrupting your config.plist, you can use Xcode.

Last edited:
then you will need to make sure you select the correct options.
That did it. All RAM is seen.................... Brilliant. Thanks again for all of your documentation.

Back