Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi, I just recently mapped my USB ports and now my boot times are crazy high, like I'm talking 2-3 minutes. What can I do to fix this?

To be honest, I haven't used the UHD630 enough to know about issues with UHD630. My testing was limited to going through the installation process and having it boot correctly and using it for about 15 minutes. It's just too much of a hassle to constantly pull out the video card...

If you continue to experience the issue, let me know and I'll try to dig around for a fix.
Actually, I'm more concerned about audio not working after sleep as it is quite inconvenient to reboot every time I want audio. So if anyone finds a cure for that I would love to hear it!

Mine is also a UHD630 build, until I can get a good deal on an rx580.

Until a fix can be found I find that using one of the “line out” outputs rather than “internal speakers” solves the problem.
Sorry, but what do you mean by "using one of the "line out" outputs"? I have tried System Prefs -> Sound to change output to Line Out but that makes no difference.

Hi, I just recently mapped my USB ports and now my boot times are crazy high, like I'm talking 2-3 minutes. What can I do to fix this?

Mapping out the USB ports should not increase boot times. Try booting in verbose to see what's taking so long. See which part of the boot process is slow.

Actually, I'm more concerned about audio not working after sleep as it is quite inconvenient to reboot every time I want audio. So if anyone finds a cure for that I would love to hear it!

I don't have this problem at all. What are you using for audio? Is your build based on one of the EFI folders in post #1?

Hi, pastrychef
I followed your method, and mapped my USB ports successfully! It's very helpful, thanks a lot!

I also found that "uia_exclude" works without the SSDT file, so I can disable ports I can see, and reveal missing USB3 ports. With that, I can confirm USB3 port numbers are correspond identically to the USB2 ports on my board too.

Here it's the USB mappings I use for my ASUS Rog Strix Z370-i motherboard:

View attachment 327284
Hi, also built my first "Mac" after pastrychef's brilliant instructions, thanks pastrychef!
When waking up my Z370-I motherboard after an overnight sleep, it seems that it always is restarted (some programs asks for confirmation, this only happens if booted, not after sleep).
Can you please share your ssdt-usb.aml and uia_exclude entry, so I can outrule any usb-errors?
Here is my uia_exclude: "uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS05;HS06;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10"
Thanks!

Last edited:
Sorry, but what do you mean by "using one of the "line out" outputs"? I have tried System Prefs -> Sound to change output to Line Out but that makes no difference.

I’m not near the machine at the moment so I can’t remember the actual colours, but the two “line out” options are different coloured outputs on the motherboard, on the row next to the normal speaker out and mic in.

I find that those outputs still work after a reboot, so I have stuck to using those in the meantime rather than the green “internal speakers”.

Mapping out the USB ports should not increase boot times. Try booting in verbose to see what's taking so long. See which part of the boot process is slow.

I booted in Verbose and it seems some graphics drivers are increasing the boot times. Considering I tried putting a Nvidia card into my hackintosh and installed the drivers for them, these could be the drivers that are causing issues as I was unable to uninstall them. Also, my airdrop stopped working recently and I haven't been able to get it to work. It displays an error message (photo below).
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 2.14.40 PM.png

Here are some pictures of the verbose outputs:

IMG_2819.jpg
IMG_2822.jpg
IMG_2823.jpg
IMG_2824.jpg
IMG_2825.jpg

I booted in Verbose and it seems some graphics drivers are increasing the boot times. Considering I tried putting a Nvidia card into my hackintosh and installed the drivers for them, these could be the drivers that are causing issues as I was unable to uninstall them. Also, my airdrop stopped working recently and I haven't been able to get it to work. It displays an error message (photo below).View attachment 328372
Here are some pictures of the verbose outputs:

View attachment 328367 View attachment 328368 View attachment 328369 View attachment 328370 View attachment 328371

For your AirDrop issue, try reinstalling the macOS combo update. it should fix it.

For your IGPU issue, make sure you enable -disablegfxfirmware.
Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 5.50.18 PM.png

Back