Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

At the OpenCore boot picker, keep choosing the "Installer" until it's no longer an option.
Yes. I choose MacOsInstaller and the system reboots

Check BIOS settings, aligned with the first page, perhaps?
All ok!!! BIOS settings are correct. The problem is that during installation the system reboots several times. OC boot menu shows a macOS installer icon. If I click on it, the system reboots.

OMG!!! SSD was formatted in MacOS Journaled!!! Not in APFS. Now the install process is going on!!!

All OK! Installation done!!! What is this alert?

Attachments

• tempImage5u35pt.png
    tempImage5u35pt.png
    10.4 MB · Views: 32
Yes.
You shoud edit your config.plist file and add the missing line ( as shown in the capture).

ShimRetainProtocol Boolean False

Also you should oc validate your config.plist for other inconsistencies if any.

Cheers.
which software to do that?

Oh thanks a lot!!!
Tomorrow I'll send my config file

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.1 KB · Views: 20
Hello,
Your original config.plist is 100% compatible with OpenCore vers 0.9.5.
It seems you use the version 0.9.4 of OpenCore package.

That's why I commented out the line.
Please try this attached file (after renaming it ).
Do not forget to reset nvram while rebooting !

Cheers.

Edit 1:
I add a second config file which is more polished ( removed un-used sections, re-ordered some keys )
Test both files. If there are no issues with them, then keep using version 2 ( it will be easy to transition to OpenCore 0.9.5 or even 0.9.6 ).
Thanx a lot man!!!! Now I'll try

Hi. This is my Config file. At boot I receive this message>
No schema for ShimRetainProtocol .....
Pls be aware that the simple act of opening, then saving, that config.plist with OCAT fixes that error in Validate. OCAT just handles it, and it does a host of other cool stuff too (like effortless upgrades to later OC releases), automagically. Think about grabbing it.

Always work from a BACKUP USB stick.

Back