Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanx man. could you please tell me where I can find your zip file?

Hello Pastry
I switched today to Opencore with your folder 0.6.2 - everything is working only bluetooth not. Its greyed out and i cannot make it working - i attach my folder - could you please see whats wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Pastry
I switched today to Opencore with your folder 0.6.2 - everything is working only bluetooth not. Its greyed out and i cannot make it working - i attach my folder - could you please see whats wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Your Bluetooth is probably using one of the USB 2 headers. Re-do the USB ports kext.

In Clover i was using this uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS07;HS08;HS13;SS03;SS04;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10
Its possible to add this string somewhere in opencore?

In Clover i was using this uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS07;HS08;HS13;SS03;SS04;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10
Its possible to add this string somewhere in opencore?

Yes.

Delete the USB ports kext in /EFI/OC/kexts/.
Copy your USBInjectAll.kext to /EFI/OC/kexts/.
Add your "uia_exclude=" boot argument to config.plist > NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args.

Edit:
Forgot that you also need to delete the USB ports kext in config.plist > Kernel > Add.
Add USBInjectAll.kext to config.plist > Kernel > Add.

Honestly, it's a lot easier to just make your own USB port kext. It just takes a few minutes.

Last edited:
Since Yesterday I used 10.15.2 without any problem. Today I decided to update via software update to 10.15.7
After 3 reboots during the installation, at 3 seconds from the end the system says "macOS can not be installed bla bla bla"
If I exit and reboot at the clover bootloader I found an extra disk named "XXX - Data", while the partition in which the system is installed seems to be good.
What was wrong in my update sequence?
Any help will be appreciate

Since Yesterday I used 10.15.2 without any problem. Today I decided to update via software update to 10.15.7
After 3 reboots during the installation, at 3 seconds from the end the system says "macOS can not be installed bla bla bla"
If I exit and reboot at the clover bootloader I found an extra disk named "XXX - Data", while the partition in which the system is installed seems to be good.
What was wrong in my update sequence?
Any help will be appreciate

Did you update to latest EFI?

Yes. But the problem is not the EFI, but the unfinished update.

The EFI can affect the updates. Are you using Clover or OpenCore?

Back