Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi @pastrychef,

I downloaded the OpenCore 0.6.2 ZIP file for the Z370-G and installed it on a Catalina USB thumbdrive built using gibMacOS. The OpenCore bootloader starts, but none of the boot partitions are visible. The only options that I see are to reset the NVRAM and the check that MSR 0xE2 is unlocked.

The motherboard is indeed a ASUS ROG Z370-G/i7 7700K/Vega56 that used to run an install with clover. But I moved my main system to a Z490 motherboard build and figured I'd start from scratch with the Z370-G so I could give it to a friend. There is an NVME drive in the system with Windows installed (that doesn't show in the bootloader either).

Any thoughts on debugging steps? I've gone back pretty far in this thread, but nothing is jumping out. My config.plist is attached (I haven't changed the ROM to use the MAC address, but that should not be affecting OpenCore's ability to boot...)

Please try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.8 KB · Views: 30
Please try this config.plist.
Yep, that did it! BTW, for those wondering what changed, in OpenCore Configurator -> Misc -> Security -> Scan Policy -> Unselect All.

Thanks a lot!

Hey Pastrychef,

Lockup happened just now.
I am connected via ssh from my laptop, if I should check anything please let me know.

Lockup happened to 99% when I inserted my iPhone into the Lightning Dock. However... this Lightning Dock is connected via USB electrically not to the Hackintosh, but to a CalDigit TS3 thunderbolt 3 dock, that connects my laptop via single TB3 cable to USB/network/charging.
Now, that iPhone is however seen not only by the laptop but also (probably via Blutooth or Network?) at the same time by the Hackintosh as well. When I open console.app on the Hackintosh I can see it there, also on the Laptop. iPhone has WiFi and Blutooth enabled.

I am pretty confident now, the last two times that lockup happened when pulling/plugging my iPhone into the Lightning Dock!
Does that make sense?

Is there anything I can look for while the Hackintosh is locked up and I am connected to it?

From my laptop I can only connect via Finder Connect and see drives but not via Share screen.
It says another App is controlling the computer.
Apple Remote Desktop "connects", don't show the Hackintosh screen however and do not bring any further error message.
SSH works fine.

Many thanks!
Hey Pastrychef,

hope you are well man!

Reporting that's definitely not the iPhone! I completely disconnected it and regardless, I had two more lockups since then.
The last one happened while the screen saver was running. As soon as I touched the keyboard and the picture freezed. Mouse continues to move, but no keyboard input is possible (mouse clicks neither).

I am thinking about connecting the keyboard via lightning-USB cable, to skip the blutooth connection and see how it will behave.

Hey Pastrychef,

hope you are well man!

Reporting that's definitely not the iPhone! I completely disconnected it and regardless, I had two more lockups since then.
The last one happened while the screen saver was running. As soon as I touched the keyboard and the picture freezed. Mouse continues to move, but no keyboard input is possible (mouse clicks neither).

I am thinking about connecting the keyboard via lightning-USB cable, to skip the blutooth connection and see how it will behave.

It's sounding more and more like some sort of hardware issue. Make sure any overclocks are disabled. Make sure XMP is disabled.

After you reset from the freeze, do you get any panic logs?

Not panic logs. Just rebooting straight as if there were nothing.
Can I look at a specific place for those logs?

Not panic logs. Just rebooting straight as if there were nothing.
Can I look at a specific place for those logs?

You can launch Console (use Spotlight) and look for any crashes. Remembering the time and date of the crashes will help.

I had the AI overclock tuner set to XMP. Now set to Auto:
screenshot_01 3.jpg

Back