Contribute
Register

[PARTIAL SUCCESS] GA-Z77-D3H Sound on MT 10.8 Project (VIA 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works on my 10.8.2 system. But one issue. Rear-pink micrphone does not have enought sensetivity. Seems to me microphone boost should be enabled or mic-amplifyer ratio increased. At this point now vooodo still better solution.

Does anyone have this working on the Z77M-D3H-MVP? If not, what would I have to do to get it working without a DSDT?

Edit: And for those that have it working, question: is AppleHDA's sound significantly better than Voodoo's on the VT2021? I realized tonight that my phone's audio is significantly and consistently better than my computer's when playing music, which makes me sad because I listen to most of my music on my computer and I have some really nice headphones that could take advantage of better audio. VoodooHDA is perfectly functional and satisfactory, but I'd appreciate any little edge, I suppose. Alternately, does a USB sound stick provide better audio? How do those work? Do they still go through the VIA chip on the motherboard or do they circumvent it entirely?

GA-z77-D3H - F14 BIOS, with intel 4000 and audio with your patch also with DSDT - sleep works without graphic card installed. AirPlay works/loads up.
If I put my Gigabyte 650 graphic card in, It wont wake up from sleep - have to force it to restart.

If I remove the DSDT - and start up normal, intel 4000 wont load and airplay does not load.

Is it because of the DSDT problem?

If i put voodoo with intel 4000 together & remove the AppleHDA - it Kernal Panic at bootup.
Cheers
AP

i'm running 10.8.3 on ga-z77-d3h rev. 1.1 (F18 bios) . Using dsdt with modified HDEF section + patched AppleHDA . Rear green out is working, but microphone doesn't . There's some sound assertion on the startup seen in the log. Would appreciate any help with that, if somebody with similar hw had success . Also i'm observing system freezes when watching video streams via Sopcast,

Hi Tim,

I'm a nooob to hackintosh and I've embarked on the journey of getting myself one. The following is a brief introduction of the specs I'm using and also how i get the OS installed. I've followed everything that was put together and i got it up and running except the sound. And every time I install any audio driver onto my comp it will hang at the kernel panic screen. Please help.

Comp specs:

M.board - Z77-D3h (rev1.1)
Bios - F14
Processor - i7 3770k
Ram - 16GB
Graphics - Intel HD 4000 (intend to install a 5870 ati after installation)
OS - 10.8.4

I consider myself pretty lucky for a first timer as after installation of the OS, I got almost everything working out of the box (without having to install multibeast), except the sound.

Please help. your help and work here are greatly appreciated. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back